3M Scotch 130C Tape – Linerless Rubber (EPR) Self Amalgamating Tapes
3M Scotch 130C Tape is a highly conformable 0.762mm thick, high voltage jointing and an EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber) based self amalgamating tape.
Scotch 130C Tape can be used as an insulation for low voltage applications as well as insulation for cable joints up to 69kV.
The 3M tape meets industry specifications and has excellent physical and electrical properties that provide immediate moisture seals and void-free build-ups.
The tape is designed for use in splicing and terminating wires and cables and forms part of the 3M Scotch Electrical Tapes.
Availability: Contact Thorne & Derrick Sales for competitive prices and delivery from stock for 3M Scotch 130C tape.
Specification – 3M Scotch 130C Self Amalgamating Tape
Scotch 130C tape, manufactured by 3M Electrical, is based on ethylene propylene rubber and be capable of operation at the emergency cable temperature of 130°C (266°F). The 3M Scotch tape must be capable of being applied in either the stretched or un-stretched condition without any resulting loss in either physical or electrical properties. The Scotch tape must not split, crack, slip or flag when exposed to various environments (indoor and outdoor). The tape must be compatible with all synthetic cable insulations. The tape must have a dissipation factor of less than 5% at 130°C (266°F) and must have a shelf life of 5 years.
3M Scotch 130C Tape
Linered Rubber (EPR) Self Amalgamating Tapes Features
- Non-vulcanizing and highly conformable self amalgamating tape
- Weather and UV resistant
- Flame retardant 3M tape
- High thermal conductivity
- 3M Scotch 130C tape is designed to insulate splices and terminate cables whose overload temperatures can reach 130°C
- Physical and electrical properties unaffected by degree of stretch
- Physical and electrical properties unaffected by solvents normally used when splicing high-voltage cables
3M SCOTCH 130C TAPE – Applications
- Primary electrical insulation for cable jointing and terminating up to 69kV with up to 90°C continuous operating temperatures and 130°C emergency overload temperature
- Moisture sealing electrical connections
- Primary insulation for building stress cones on solid dielectric insulated cables up to 35kV
- Bus bar insulations
- End sealing high-voltage cables
- Scotch 130C Electrical Tape should be applied in successive half lapped, level-wound layers until desired build-up is reached
- To eliminate voids in critical areas, highly elongate 130C Tape
- Stretch Tape in these critical areas just short of its breaking point – doing so will not alter its physical or electrical properties
- In less critical areas, less elongation may be used – normally, 3M Scotch 130C Tape is stretched to ¾ of its original width in these less critical areas
- Always attempt to half-lap to produce a uniform build-up
- When using 130C Tape for jointing cables from 35kV to 69kV, always elongate the tape throughout the entire joint
3M Scotch 130C Tape
Linered Rubber (EPR) Self Amalgamating Tapes Technical Specification
|Temperature Range||up to 90°C continuous operating temperatures and 130°C emergency overload temperature|
|Backing (Material Type)||Based on Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)|
|Width x Length||19mm X 9m|
|Dielectric Strength||29.5 MV/m|
|Breaking Strength||1.72 Mpa|
➡ T&D stock and supply the complete range of 3M Scotch Self Amalgamating Tapes.
3M Scotch Electrical tapes are including Scotch 130C used to cable joint, splice, repair, seal and protect cables against abrasion, fire and corrosion – this includes LV-HV (11kV-33kV cables) – please contact T&D should you require assistance with selecting the correct tape.
Trademarks: 3M, Scotch, Scotchfil and Scotch 23 are all trademarks of 3M Company.
Complete range of 3M Cable Accessories for the repair, joint and termination of LV MV HV cables.