3M Scotch 2229 Insulation Mastic Tape
3M Scotch 2229 Insulation Mastic Tape is a 3.2mm thick, conformable, durable, tacky mastic coated on an easy release liner.
Scotch mastic tape has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalis, acid, copper corrosion and varying weather conditions (including sunlight) and forms part of the 3M Scotch Electrical Tapes.
3M Scotch 2229 is designed for quick and easy insulating, padding and sealing of objects that need to be protected from adverse environmental conditions including cable joints.
Availability: Contact Thorne & Derrick Sales for competitive prices and delivery from stock for 3M Scotch 2229 tape.
3M Scotch 2229 Insulation Mastic Tape Features
- Scotch 2229 has excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics to metals, rubbers, synthetic cable insulations and jackets
- Wide temperature stability while maintaining its sealing properties (-34°C to 71°C)
- 3M 2229 tape is conformable and moldable for easy applications over irregular surfaces
- Does not crack when subjected to repeat flexing
- Retains its flexibility at low temperatures resulting in ease of application and continuous performance at reduced temperatures
- Excellent chemical and UV resistance
3M SCOTCH 2229 – Applications
- For sealing high voltage cable splice and termination accessories
- For insulating electrical connections rated up to 1000 volts if over wrapped with vinyl or rubber electrical tape
- For padding irregular shaped connections
- For providing corrosion protection to a wide variety of electrical connections and applications
- For sealing ducts and cable end seals
- For sealing against dust, soil, water and other environmental conditions
3M Scotch 2229 Rubber Mastic Tape Technical Specification
|Temperature Range||Continuous -34°C – 71°C, (-30°F – 160°F) Intermittent 93°C (200°F) Application Temperature -18°C – 65°C, (0°F – 150°F)|
|Backing (Material Type)||Easy Release Liner|
|Width x Length||Available in 95mm x 3.08m|
|Breaking Strength||23°C (73°F) 60 Hz 3.26|
➡ T&D stock and supply the complete range of 3M Scotch Mastic Tapes.
3M Scotch Electrical tapes including Scotch 2229 are used to cable joint, splice, repair, seal and protect cables against abrasion, fire and corrosion – this includes LV-HV (11kV-33kV cables) – please contact T&D should you require assistance with selecting the correct tape.
Trademarks: 3M, Scotch, Scotchfil and Scotch 2229 are all trademarks of 3M Company.
Complete range of 3M Cable Accessories for the repair, joint and termination of LV MV HV cables.