3M Scotch 780 Tape – Coloured PVC Insulation Tape (Standard)
3M Scotch 780 Tape is a good quality, middle range all purpose PVC insulating tape, providing very good mechanical protection with minimum bulk – Scotch insulation tapes have been developed for quality, efficiency, durability and versatility.
Scotch 780 Tape is suitable for primary electrical insulation for all wire and cable joints and splices at temperatures from -10°C to +80°C.
Scotch 780 Electrical Tape is a medium grade, 0.18 mm thick, all weather vinyl insulating tape that is available in Black, White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow/Green, Brown, Yellow, Grey and Orange.
The coloured PVC insulation tape can also be used for applications such as protective jacketing for high voltage cables splice and cable repairs and for the harnessing of wires and cables.
The tape has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalies, acids, corrosion and varying weather conditions (including UV exposure) and forms part of the 3M Scotch Electrical Tapes.
Availability: Contact Thorne & Derrick Sales for competitive prices and delivery from stock for 3M Scotch 780 tape.
3M Scotch 780 Tape
Coloured PVC Insulation Tape Features
- Flame retardant PVC insulation tape
- High dielectric strength & conformable
- Provides very good mechanical protection with minimum bulk
- Scotch 780 is available in 10 different colours
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) backing
- Pressure-sensitive rubber based adhesive
- 3M Scotch 780 is compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations
- Inhibits corrosion of electrical conductors
- Insulation tape for indoor or outdoor applications
3M SCOTCH 780 TAPE – Installation Techniques
- Scotch 780 Tape should be applied in half-lapped layers with sufficient tension to produce a uniform wind (for most applications this tension will reduce the tape’s width to approximately 5/8 of its original width)
- On pigtail splices and joints, the 3M tape shall be wrapped beyond the end of the wires and then folded back, leaving a protective cushion to resist cut-through
- Wrap tape up-hill, taping from a smaller diameter surface to a larger diameter surface
- Apply 3M Scotch Super 780 tape with no tension on the last wrap to prevent flagging
Maintenance Of 3M Standard coloured PVC Insulation Tape
Scotch 780 Tape complies with the requirements of UL 510 for storage. When maintained under normal storage conditions, the tape will remain stable and has a five-year shelf-life.
3M Scotch Tapes including Scotch 780, are preferred by global electric utilities for their high performance, specification and reliability compared to unbranded poor quality electrical tapes prone to degradation, flagging and failure.
3M Scotch 700 Tape
Coloured PVC Insulation Tape – Technical Specification
|Colour||Available in Black, White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow/Green, Brown, Yellow, Grey, Orange.|
|Temperature Range||-10 up to 80°C|
|Adhesive||Rubber-based pressure sensitive adhesive|
|Backing (Material Type)||Pressure-sensitive rubber based adhesive|
|Width x Length||19mm x 25m|
|Dielectric Strength||45 kV/m|
|Breaking Strength||25 N/10 mm|
|Adhesion to Steel||2.4 N/10 m|
|Adhesion to Backing||2.4 N/10 m|
|3M Scotch Tape||3M Scotch Tape Part Number||Tape Thickness||Temperature Rating||Roll Size|
|3M Scotch Super 88||0.216mm||-18ºC to +105°C||19mm x 20m
25mm x 20m
38mm x 20m
|3M Scotch 33||0.178mm||0ºC to 80ºC||9mm x 33m
12.7mm x 33m
19mm x 33m
25mm x 33m
38mm x 33m
50mm x 33m
|3M Scotch 35||0.178mm||0°C to 80ºC||19mm x 20m|
|3M Scotch 22||0.254mm||-10ºC to +80°C||12mm x 33m
19mm x 33m
25mm x 33m
38mm x 33m
50mm x 33m
|3M Scotch 780||0.18mm||-10ºC to +80°C||19mm x 20m|
|3M Scotch 2510||0.18mm||-18ºC to +105°C||19mm x 20m|
|3M Temflex 1500||0.15mm||0ºC to 90ºC||19mm x 25m|
➡ T&D stock and supply the complete range of 3M Scotch Insulation Tapes.
3M Scotch Electrical tapes are used to cable joint, splice, repair, seal and protect cables against abrasion, fire and corrosion – this includes LV-HV (11kV-33kV cables) – please contact T&D should you require assistance with selecting the correct tape.
Trademarks: 3M, Scotch, Scotchfil and Super 33+ are all trademarks of 3M Company.
Complete range of 3M Cable Accessories for the repair, joint and termination of LV MV HV cables.