Cembre B15MDE Battery Crimping Tool (up to 16sqmm cables)
18.0V Cordless Hydraulic Crimping Tool
The tool head rotates by 340º for ease of use within confined spaces and has a robust moulded body which is highly resistance to damage. Additionally the crimping tool is extremely quiet with minimal vibration.
Cembre B15MDE battery crimping tool is fitted with a maximum pressure valve and an Li-Ion 18.0V 2.0Ah high power battery which has LED indicators to display the remaining battery charge.
Cembre B15MDE crimping tool manufactured by Cembre can be fitted with many different interchangeable crimping dies and are supplied with a spare battery, battery charger and plastic carrying case for use by the cable jointer or overhead linesman.
Cembre B15MDE crimping tool
- Crimping Force: 15kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 340 bar (4,900 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 337mm, Width 133mm, Height 81mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 1.74kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 22 or ESSO INVAROL EP22 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre B15MDE tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool.
- Dimensions 465x315x116 mm
B15MDE Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||Insulated Terminals||End Sleeves|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Height||Width||Weight|
Cembre B15MDE Battery Crimping Tool
- When introducing or changing dies, the battery must first be removed from the B15MDE tool.
Preparation For Crimping
- With the Cembre tool in the rest position and without battery, proceed as follows:
- Select the appropriate die set for the connector
- Locate the dies in the tool head, always inserting the lower one first (with the slot):
- Press the button (62) and insert the lower die into its seat, then release the button to lock it in position.
- Press the button (65) and insert the upper die into its seat, then release the button to lock it in position.
- Dies are uni-positional and cannot be inserted into the wrong seats.
- The lower die must always be inserted first.
- Insert the battery into its seat of the Cembre B15MDE tool.
- Grip the tool firmly and comfortably. Position the connector between the dies and ensure the correction location of the crimp.
- Press operating button until the dies are close to the connector without crimping it, then release the button: the connector will be held in position without deforming it.
- Make sure the crimp dies are exactly positioned on the desired crimp point otherwise re-open dies and reposition the connector.
- Insert the conductor in to the connector and press the operating button: the ram will gradually move forward until the two dies touch.
- It is recommended to keep operating until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard.
- The motor will continue to operate after the maximum pressure relief valve has activated. No further crimping force is applied, the oil is bypassed and returned to the reservoir.
Release of Dies
- Press the pressure release button, the ram will retract and open the crimp tool dies.
- For ease of operation the tool head can rotate through 340º, allowing the operator to work in the most comfortable position.
- Warning: Do not attempt to rotate the head when the hydraulic circuit is pressurised.
Replace of Dies
- To replace the crimping dies, extract them from their seats by pressing the buttons.
- The upper die must always be extracted first from the B15MDE tool.
- The battery is equipped with LED indicators that indicate the remaining battery life at any time by pressing the adjacent button.
- 4 LEDs illuminated: Fully charged
- 2 LEDs illuminated: 50% capacity
- 1 LED flashing: Minimum charge, replace the battery.
Insertion / Replacement of Battery
- To replace the crimp tool battery, remove it by pressing the release button, then insert the new battery, sliding it into the guides until it locks.
Cembre B15MDE Battery Crimping Tool – Technical Specification
|Type Of Action||Crimp|
|Rated Operating Pressure||340bar|
|Operating Temperature||-15ºC to +50ºC|
Cembre B15MDE tool features battery condition display, interchangeable die sets, ergonomically designed operating switch and automatic slot-in battery.
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
The Cembre B15MDE cordless hydraulic crimping tool with new 18V Li-Ion battery has the following crimp ranges:
- Copper Lugs & Splices – up to 16sqmm cable conductors
- Insulated Terminals – up to 16sqmm cable conductors
- End Sleeves – up to 35sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
Crimping Die Set Guide For Cembre B15MDE
Cembre provides a matched crimping system to ensure secure LV MV HV electrical connections (lugs and splices) manufactured from copper or aluminium in accordance with CE Marking and international standards – includes a full range of nest, indentor and die sets compatible with their hydraulic and battery crimping tools, all manufactured by Cembre.
Cembre Copper Tube Connectors & Cable Lugs
|Copper Conductor sqmm
Low Str Flex
|Connector||Hexagonal Crimp||Indent Crimp|
|Terminal Lug||Through Connector||Die Set||No of Crimps*||Die Set||No of Crimps*|
*No of Crimps per end for Through Connectors
Cembre Nylon Insulated Copper Cable Lugs
|Copper Conductor sqmm Flexible||Terminal Lug||Die Set||No of Crimps|
Cembre End Sleeves & Connectors
|Copper Conductor sqmm Flexible||Connector||Die Set|
|0.3-4||PKE 508 – PKE 418||PKC 508 – PKC 418||KE 506 – KE 412||KE4-15|
|4-16||PKE 410 – PKE 1618||PKC 410 – PKC 1618||KE 410 – KE 1616||KE16-15|
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.