Cembre HT-TC051 Hydraulic Cable Cutting Tool
LV-HV Cable Cutting Tools | Distributed from Stock | Approved Cembre Supplier | UK & Export Sales
Cembre HT-TC051 hydraulic cable cutting tool is a hand operated tool designed for use by LV-HV cable jointers, overhead linesmen and electrical engineers for cutting copper, aluminium and telecommunication cables with a maximum overall cable diameter of 50mm.
Cembre hydraulic cutting tools feature a double speed action a fast advancing speed for rapid approach of the blades to the cable and a slower more powerful speed for cutting.
The cutting tools are manufactured by Cembre from high strength steel and heat treated to ensure extended service life – the cable cutting tool head rotates through 90 degrees enabling the user to cut cables in the most comfortable position and can be opened easily to allow cutting of running cables.
The cutting blades of the Cembre HT-TC051 are manufactured from special high strength steel which is heat treated to ensure a long life in service.
The Cembre HT-TC051 cutting tool is fitted with a maximum hydraulic pressure valve.
Cembre HT-TC051 cutting tool
- Rated Operating Pressure: 600 bar (8,700 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 497mm, Width 129mm
- Cable Cutter Weight: 4.38kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 32 or SHELL TELLUS TX 32 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre cutting tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
➡ Cable Cutting Warning : When setting Cembre HT-TC051 Hydraulic Cutting Tool the opening of the upper blade assembly must be done when the tool is on rest position, with the lower cable cutting blade completely retracted.
For storage and protection the Cembre HT-TC051 tool is supplied in a canvas carrying bag for storage of the cutting tool.
- Dimensions 545×160 mm
|Max cutting Ø mm||Length||Width||Weight|
Hydraulic Cable Cutting Tool (Hand Operated)
- Insert the cable between the blades of the Cembre HT-TC051 at the desired cutting point
- For a running cable, press latch and open the upper blade assembly
- Warning: the opening of upper blade assembly must be done when the tool is in rest position, with the lower blade completely retracted
- With the cable on the lower blade, close the upper blade assembly and secure the latch
- Before commencing the cutting operation ensure that the latch is fully secured: partial closure may damage the tool head
- Operate moveable handle for lower blade advancement
- This first stage rapidly closes the lower blade to the conductor
- Make sure that blades are exactly positioned on desired cutting point, otherwise re-open blades following instructions as and re-position the cable
- Continue operating the moveable handle, the lower blade advances gradually until the cable is fully cut
- Opening press the pressure release lever for the rapid retraction of the ram and subsequent blade opening
- After completion of the work, press the release lever to release the oil pressure of the Cembre HT-TC051 cutter
Tool Maintenance Tips
Air in the hydraulic circuit of the cable cutting tool can affect use causing no advancement or slow advancement of the lower cutting blade or pulsating of the tool blade. To remedy this air bubbles must be purged from the hydraulic circuit exposing the rubber oil reservoir and operating the tool handle to advance the ram several times. Oil pressure can be discharged from the cutter tool circuit by pressing the pressure release lever to retract the ram.
It is recommended every six months to check the oil level in the reservoir of the Cembre HT-TC051 – always use clean oil and not old/recycled oil or hydraulic brake fluid.
If in doubt, contact T&D to discuss the service, repair and supply of all Cembre cable cutting tools.
|Cembre Tool Type HT-TC051||Cable Cutter (Hydraulic – Hand Operated)|
|Type of Action||Cutting|
|Maximum Cable Cutting Diameter||50mm|
|Nominal Pressure||700 bar|
HT-TC051 – Blade Replacement
After extended use, the blades may loose their cutting edge.
Replace the blades as follows:
- Release latch (28), open the head of the cable cutting tool
- Operate moveable handle to advance the lower blade (18) until holding screw (29) is visible on the ram (14)
- Using a flat blade screwdriver remove the holding screw (29) and release the lower cutter blade (18)
- Insert the new blade and fit the holding screw
➡ Warning: before closing the head release the oil pressure and retract the lower blade (18), otherwise the tool head assembly may hit and damage the lower cutting blade.
- Release latch (28), open the cable tool head
- Remove the circlip (20) and extract the head pin (19), enough to release the tool head assembly
- Remove circlip (25) and pin (26), to release the latch (28). Remove latch spring from the upper blade
- Unscrew the 4 screws (21), remove the left hand guide (22), the right hand guide (24) and release the blade (23)
- Fit the left and right hand guides to the new blade. Place the spring into its seat and refit the latch
- Fit the blade assembly to the head (13), fully insert the pin (19) and secure with the circlip (20)
Cembre Cutting Tools
Underground Cables & Overhead Lines
- Power Cables: LV-MV-HV Armoured & Unarmoured Cables (6.6kV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV). EHV, Subsea Cables & Umbilicals
- Utility Cables: LV-HV Power BS6622 BS7870 (XLPE & EPR – Triplex) including Lead Covered & LV Waveform Cables
- Offshore & Marine Cables: (IEC 60092, BS6883, NEK606, IEC 60331)
- Telecoms Cables: Copper Cables (Aerial, Duct/Underground Buried & Wire)
- Low Voltage Aerial Bundled Cables (ABC Mains & Service Cable)
- High Voltage Overhead Conductors: Copper & Aluminium
Cembre hydraulic crimping tools are available to suit all types of cable installations.