Maintenance For Cembre Cable Cutting Tool – Model HT-TC051
Published 08 Jun 2018
Uploaded by Chris Dodds - Thorne & Derrick Sales & Marketing Manager
The following short article provides information about the general maintenance of the Cembre model HT-TC051 cutting tool.
Air in the hydraulic circuit may affect the performance of the hydraulic cable cutting tool e.g. no advancement or slow advancement of the lower cutting blade, lower blade pulsating.
For competitive prices, stock availability and technical advice about the Cembre HT-TC051 tool please do not hesitate to contact us.
In this case Thorne & Derrick and Cembre recommend proceeding as follows:
How To Purge Air Bubbles
From Hydraulic Circuit
Cembre Cable Cutting Tool
- Hold cable cutting tool upright in a vice with handles open (Fig 1)
- Unscrew main handle (03) from tool body (12) to expose the rubber oil reservoir (02)
- Remove reservoir cap from the Cembre tool
- Operate moveable handle several times in order to advance the ram
- Press the pressure release handle (58) to retract the ram (14), discharge oil pressure from the circuit and return all oil to the reservoir
- Repeat points (1-5) five times to ensure all air bubbles in the hydraulic circuit are purged into the reservoir of the tool
- If the oil level is low, top up the oil level
- Remove all air from reservoir (02) and fit cap (01)
- Assemble the main handle (03) to cutting tool body
♦ Oil Top Up – every 6 months check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary, top up the oil level to the top lip of the reservoir and remove all air from reservoi.
- Always Use Clean Recommended Oil
- Do Not Use Oil Or Recycled Oil
- DO Not Use Hydraulic Brake Fluid
If the Cembre tool continues to malfunction and not cut cables safely or accurately return the hydraulic tool for service/repair.
Thorne & Derrick
Key Product Categories: Duct Seals | Cable Cleats | Cable Glands | Electrical Safety | Arc Flash Protection | Cable Jointing Tools | Cable Pulling | Earthing | Feeder Pillars | Cable Joints LV | Joints & Terminations MV HV
- Operating Manual & Instruction Guide For Cembre Cable Cutting Tools – Model Cembre HT-TC051 Size: 550.00 KB