Prysmian Multicleats – 3 Simple Steps To Cable Cleat Installation
Published 27 Feb 2017
by Chris Dodds T&D - estimated reading time 5 minutes
T&D are Prysmian cable cleats stockists and distributors committed to supporting the correct installation of all BICON brand products – the following short post outlines the recommended installation procedure for Prysmian Multicleats which are specified to provide short-circuit containment of LV, MV and HV power cables.
Prysmian Multistrap is a stainless steel cable strap complete with a tensioning clip, securing pin and winding key – can be used for single, bundled or trefoil cleats including 11kV/33kV single core high voltage substation cables.
Multistraps are used as an intermediate cable restraint between Multicleats – positioned centrally between a pair of Multicleats to provide additional protection to medium/high voltage power cables in the event of a short-circuit.
The Multicleat cable cleats are commonly used to support and clamp 11kV/33kV power cables in industrial installations, hazardous areas and high voltage substations.
Aluminium cable cleats are also available for cleating cables onto containment in LV-HV substations and electrical building services where corrosion exposure levels are lower.
1. Fasten Prysmian BICON Multicleat base to cable support with M10 fixings. Loop Prysmian Multistrap through cable cleat base and around cables. Standard Duty Multicleats = 2 loops. Heavy Duty Multicleats = 3 loops.
2. Pull slack Prysmian Multistrap into outer loop. Insert split pin from right hand of Multicleat around outer layer of Multistrap about 10mm from end. Push plastic shear torque adaptor fully onto the end of the split pin and attach 13mm socket wrench. To tension the Prysmian Multistrap around the cables, rotating key anti-clockwise with the socket wrench until the adaptor shears.
3. Remove the shear torque adaptor and wrench. Swing the key over and engage in slots in clip.
The Prysmian Multicleat and Multistrap is correctly installed – compatible with most cable containment types including cable ladder and tray systems.
For further Multicleat & Multistrap technical specification, selection details and information see the following Slideshare.
To ensure sufficient cable support the Prysmian Multistrap MUST be used at the mid-point between Multicleats on all horizontal or vertical straight cable runs – here the Multicleats are shown cleating single core 33kV cables in trefoil arrangement however the strap-type cable cleats are suitable for single, multiple or bundled cable configurations.
Contact Thorne & Derrick for technical support or specification advice to ensure the correct cable cleat / cable strap arrangement according to the fault rating, installation application and environmental location.
THORNE & DERRICK SPECIALIST ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTOR
LV ♦ MV ♦ HV
T&D distribute the most extensive range of LV, MV & HV Cable Jointing, Terminating, Pulling & Installation Equipment – we service UK and international clients working on underground cables, overhead lines, substations and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV transmission and distribution voltages.
- Key Products: MV-HV Cable Joints & Terminations, Cable Cleats, Duct Seals, Cable Transits, Underground Cable Protection, Copper Earth Tapes, Cable Jointing Tools, Feeder Pillars, Cable Ducting, Earthing & Lightning Protection, Electrical Safety, Cable Glands, Arc Flash Protection & Fusegear.
- Distributors for: 3M, ABB, Alroc, Band-It, Catu, Cembre, Centriforce, CMP, Elastimold, Ellis Patents, Emtelle, Furse, Lucy Zodion, Nexans Euromold, Pfisterer, Polypipe, Prysmian, Roxtec.
Thorne & Derrick invite you to join LinkedIn’s largest LV-HV Electrical Discussion Group : Low & High Voltage Power, Cabling, Jointing & Electricals. Discussion subjects include cable installations, cable jointing, substation, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV. Network, engage and promote your profile, company or products with over 10,000 influencers.
- Prysmian Cable Cleats, Clamps & Cable Support Catalogue Size: 2.03 MB
- Prysmian Multicleat Cable Cleats (Trefoil) Size: 249.59 KB