132kV Termination Using Pfisterer IXOSIL EST SUB Self Supporting Cable Termination
Published 12 Nov 2018
- Application: 132kV Cable Termination – Pfisterer EST SUB Self Supporting Type
- Cable Type: Pfisterer EST SUB Self Supporting Cable Termination
- Cable Jointer: Andy O’Malley (IBEW 258 EHV Cable Jointer / Cable Splicer – Allteck)
- Featured Manufacturer: Pfisterer
Pfisterer EST SUB
Self Supporting Cable Termination
Pfisterer oil-free and gas-free cable terminations for high voltage cables are environmentally friendly and reduce installation times by the HV Jointer – the cable terminations are available for voltage levels ranging from 52kV to 170kV and conductor cross-sections up to 2500sqmm.
The self-supporting Pfisterer EST design replaces conventional oil-filled and gas-filled outdoor cable terminations both in overhead line towers and transformer stations – the cleverly designed head fitting allows for any thermal expansion in the conductor.
The mounting frame on overhead line towers is now no longer needed since the cable termination can be installed onto the HV cable on the ground and then lifted onto the tower – this leads to very short turn-off periods of the overhead lines.
Pfisterer IXOSIL EST SUB Advantages
- Oil- and gas-free
- Compensation of cantilever forces
- Enables installation on the ground, no mounting frames required
- Time savings of up to 50% during cable preparation due to new technology
- 100% electrically routine-tested termination
- Low weight cable termination
Pfisterer MV HV cable plugs and terminations are suitable for all voltage levels and applications where medium or high voltage power must be reliably distributed within the electricity supply industry.
ESF 52-170kV v EST SUB 123-170kV
Should you require any assistance with the selection or specification of cable joints or terminations please do not hesitate to contact us.
See Also 132kV ➡
- 132kV Link Boxes & Bonding Leads For High Voltage HV Cable Systems
- Sealing Cables, Switch Hall & Grid Transformer Bases On 132kV Wind Farm
- 132kV Cable Covers – Protecting High Voltage Power Cables In Cable Trench
- Drum Heating & Cable Straightening Jackets For 132kV Cable Terminations
- 132kV Surge Arresters
Thorne & Derrick Specialist Electrical Distributor
LV ♦ MV ♦ HV
T&D distribute the most extensive range of LV, MV & HV Cable Jointing, Terminating, Installation & Cable Pulling Equipment – we service UK and international clients working on underground cables, overhead lines, substations and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV and EHV transmission and distribution voltages.
- Key Products: MV-HV Cable Joints & Terminations, Cable Cleats, Duct Seals, Cable Transits, Underground Cable Protection, Cable Jointing Tools, Feeder Pillars, Cable Ducting, Earthing & Lightning Protection, Electrical Safety, Cable Glands, Arc Flash Protection & Fusegear.
- Distributors for: 3M, ABB, Alroc, Band-It, Catu, Cembre, Centriforce, CMP, Elastimold, Ellis Patents, Emtelle, Furse, Lucy Zodion, Nexans Euromold, Pfisterer, Polypipe, Prysmian, Roxtec.
T&D’s Power Blog covers: LV MV HV & EHV Transmission & Distribution, Substations, Switchgear, Cable Jointing & Termination, Cable Fault & Repair, Underground Cables
➡ Visit Power Blog.