CATU CL-7-4-18 | HV Single Pole Phase Comparator 33kV / 36kV
Published 14 Jul 2021
HV Single Phase Comparators
CATU has recently introduced a new single pole phase comparator, operating up to 36kV, to the Electrical Safety market. The CATU CL-7-4-18 is used to identify voltage differences between two points on 4kV and 18kV networks. Certified to IEC 61481-1 standards.
The new range of Phase Comparators are easy to use with user friendly features:
- Single-pole device with C, K, W end-fitting
- Storage of frequency and phase of distribution network voltages
- Push-button test of the device, which also resets the memory
- Class C: (maximum time for storing information in memory: 15 seconds when not connected to the line) . Non accordance (+110° to +250°)
- LED indicators:
- Orange (M) indicating the storage of a phase and the mains frequency;
- Green (C) indicating that the mains phase is identical to the one previously stored (match); + discontinuous beep buzzer.
- Red (I) indicating that the phase of the network is of a different phase from that previously stored (mismatch) + continuous beep buzzer.
- Voltage difference between the two networks to be compared: +/- 15%.
- Angle difference between the two phases (networks) to be compared: +/- 10°
- The red ring indicates the physical limit to which the phase comparator can be inserted between live parts (57 cm from the red ring to the end fitting).
- Option: Antenna Magnefix with a U Max utilisation : 18 kV, Order Ref C-921545
Live Working – Phase Comparators – Part 1: Capacitive type to be used for voltages exceeding 1kV a.c. Download IEC Standard.
CATU CL-7-4-18 Specification
CATU CL-7-4-18 is an HV single pole phase testing range with a buzzer and LED indicators.
These phase comparators are suitable to be used indoors and outdoors, where temperatures are between -25, and + 55°C (Climatic category – N). CL-7-4-18 is powered by a 6LR61 battery (9V).
|CATU Order Reference||Compatible Fittings||Voltage Rating||Frequency||Weight||Length||Protection Class|
|CL-7-4-18||C, K, W||4 kV – 18 kV||50 / 60 Hz||1.05 kg||790 mm||Class C|
- Electrical Safety – Arc Flash Accidents & Electrocution In LV-HV Installations
- Arc Flash Calculation – Selecting Clothing & PPE To Protect Lives Against Arc Hazard
- IEC 61482-2:2018 – Get Up To Speed With The New Arc Flash Standard
- Arc Flash PPE | 7 Top Considerations
- Arc Flash The Basics
THORNE & DERRICK
Thorne & Derrick are national distributors of LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Substation & Electrical Equipment – servicing businesses involved in cabling, jointing, substation, earthing, overhead line and electrical construction at LV, 11kV, 33kV, 66kV and EHV. Supplying a complete range of power cable accessories to support the installation and maintenance of low/medium and high voltage power systems:
- Slip-on Cable Terminations
- Cold-shrink Cable Terminations
- Heat-shrink Cable Terminations
- Cable Joints – Heat & Cold-shrink
- Separable Connectors (Euromold)
- Surge Arresters & Switchgear/Transformer Bushings
Key Product Categories: Duct Seals | Cable Cleats | Cable Glands | Electrical Safety | Arc Flash Protection | Cable Jointing Tools | Cable Pulling | Earthing | Feeder Pillars | Cable Joints LV | Joints & Terminations MV