Cleaning Wipes & Solutions for Low & High Voltage Switchgear
Published 03 Nov 2021
HYSO QD from Socomore is the former PF-QD manufactured by PT Technologies Europe – HYSO QD is a quick drying residue free manual cleaning solvent for surface cleaning and degreasing in manufacture, maintenance and fabrication activities. HYSO QD removes general soils, oils, greases and combustion residues.
Features & Benefits of HYSO QD
- Low odour, fast evaporating cleaning solvent
- Suitable for use in poorly ventilated or confined spaces
- Leaves no residue after complete evaporation
- Non corrosive to metal such as copper, aluminium, magnesium and stainless steel
- Compatible with resins, plastics and elastomeric rubbers
- Available in liquid and pre-saturated on low lint wipes such as SOCOSAT 15233 – a cloth compliant to AMS 3819C qualification requirements
- Pre-saturated wipe system eliminates the hazardous storage, transport and logistical issues of loose flammable liquids
HYSO QD is a fast evaporating and odourless solvent for zero residue cleaning and degreasing of low and high voltage switchgear. A non corrosive electrical cleaning solvent on metal such as copper, aluminium, magnesium and stainless steel – suitable for use on metal and painted switchgear surfaces. Compatible with resins, plastics and elastomeric rubbers, the low surface tension provides excellent wetting action, even with difficult plastics.
HYSO QD is suitable for a variety of LV-HV switchgear cleaning applications, in general and specific niche industries such as aerospace and power.
* Switchgear cleaning and maintenance
* Surface cleaning and preparation
* Removing petroleum based oils
* General cleaning and degreasing in manufacture, fabrication and maintenance applications
HYSO QD has additional worker benefits along with its impressive compatibility and cleaning abilities : quick drying, non toxic, has a low skin irritation potential and as it is odourless, eliminates strong smells in the workplace – especially important for those working in confined spaces on low and high voltage switchgear and cabinets.
Switchgear Cleaning Guidance
1. Apply a thin film of cleaning solvent using the liquid or impregnated wipe.
2. Allow 1-2 minutes for surface action to dislodge switchgear contaminants.
3. Wipe off with the same wipe or with a clean, dry lint free cloth (recommended). Repeated use of the impregnated cleaning wipe without further solvent addition is possible until the cleaning wipe becomes saturated with contaminant.
See Also | PF Wipes Cable Cleaning Solvents & Products
Cable Pulling & Cleaning Products
Thorne & Derrick International are the UK’s leading stockist and supplier of Cable Pulling & Cable Laying Equipment for the installation of underground land and subsea power cables and overhead lines up to 400kV – the products support cable pulling teams to install LV MV HV cables into trench, cable duct, risers and all forms of cable containment.