Cable Pulling Lubricant – Techlube Multi LV HV Cable Lubricant For Underground Cable Duct Pulling
LV MV HV Power Cable Pulling Lubricant
Techlube Multi manufactured by Socomore is an all-purpose water-based underground cable installation lubricant for general cable pulling operations.
Techlube Multi provides superior friction reduction in high shear, difficult electrical utility and telecommunication cable placing operations between cable and all forms of conduit, including multiple concrete duct.
Techlube Multi is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable cable lubricant and adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts.
Cable Pulling Lubricant
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant
- Superior friction reduction and strong adhesion to cable/duct wall
- Regular pulling tension
- Reduced risk of cable damage during the cable installation
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slip
- Allows additional cable installs or removals in same duct at a later date
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket in flooded conditions
- Temperature stability
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets
- No threat to the environment
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
- Nexans approval – recommended after compatibility testing with cable jacket material
- Bellcore approval – requirements for cable placing lubricants / technical audit report AU-NWT-0000077
- Specific gravity – 1.0
- pH Neutral
- Viscosity – ISO 2555 (at 25ºC) 5400-7400 cPs
Cable Pulling Lubricant – Applications
Techlube Multi high performance cable lubricant is a slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant for friction reduction in underground cable placing operations.
- Underground utility cable placement
- High shear, difficult cable pulling installations
- Sub-duct installations
- Duct pre-lubrication
How to use Cable Pulling Lubricant
The consistency of Techlube Multi makes application to the cable by hand, with an applicator device or lubricator spreader easy and simple. Where large quantities of lubricant are needed, Techlube Multi is pumpable.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made. Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable.
However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following:
Q = 0.0064 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following:
Q = 0.0098 x L x D
Where Q = Amount of Techlube Multi needed in litres
Where L = The total length of the pull in metres
Where D = The inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres.
➡ Power Fibre Telecom | 11kV 33kV | MV HV Medium High Voltage | 66kV 132kV EHV Cable Lubricants
Cable Pulling Equipment Suppliers
Thorne & Derrick International distribute the most extensive range of Cable Pulling & Cable Laying Equipment to enable the installation of low, medium and high voltage power cables into underground trench or duct – products also supplied for fibre optic blowing, subsea trenching, offshore umbilical installations and pulling armoured cables onto cable tray.
Our complete range of LV MV HV Cable Pulling & Blowing Lubricants for Power & Telecom Cables includes water-based low (LV), medium (MV) and high (HV) lubricant and electrical equipment and power cable cleaning solvents and wipes for the removal of grease and dirt from switchgear and substation.
Techlube HD | the cable lubricant can be applied manually by hand or electrically pumped directly and evenly onto the cable, the cling and stringy consistency assists the transfer of the Techlube HD into the cable duct. The water-based underground cable lubricant with high viscosity is used for installing heavy power and complex cable routes and pulls (LV HV). Techlube HD has a process temperature of -5 to 60° Celsius and can be applied by brushing, pimping or manual pour.