Pourable Cable Lubricant – Techlube PHD Cable Pulling Lubricant For LV Armoured Power Cables
Socomore Techlube PHD pourable cable lubricant is an underground cable installation lubricant for medium weight and lighter cable pulling operations.
Techlube PHD string & cling consistency adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts.
Techlube PHD is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable water-based cable lubricant suitable for use with electrical and telecommunication cables.
Pourable Cable Lubricant
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant
- Superior friction reduction and strong adhesion to cable/duct wall
- Regular pulling tension and reduced risk of cable damage during the cable installation
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slip
- Allows additional cable installs or removals in same duct at a later date
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket in flooded conditions
- Temperature stability
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets and cause hot spots
- No threat to the environment
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High Density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
- Nexans approval – recommended after compatibility testing with cable jacket material
- Bellcore approval – requirements for cable placing lubricants / technical audit report AU-NWT-0000077
- Specific gravity – 1.0
- pH Neutral
- Viscosity – ISO 2555 (at 25ºC) 2000-35000 cPs
Pourable Cable Lubricant – Applications
Techlube PHD is a clean, slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant especially formulated to provide the greatest friction reduction possible in cable placing operations.
- Underground electrical utility and telecommunications cable installations
- Medium weight and lighter cable pulls
- Sub-duct installations
- Duct pre-lubrication
How to use Pourable Cable Lubricant
Techlube PHD’s clinging consistency enables easy application to the cable by hand, with applicator device, or lubricant spreader. Where large quantities of lubricant are needed, Techlube PHD is pumpable.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made. Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable.
However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following:
Q = 0.0064 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following:
Q = 0.0098 x L x D
Where Q = Amount of Techlube PHD needed in litres
Where L = The total length of the pull in metres
Where D = The inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres.
➡ Power Fibre Telecom | 11kV 33kV | MV HV Medium High Voltage | 66kV 132kV EHV Cable Lubricants