Cable Blowing Lubricant – Cable Ease Lubricant For Fibre & Telecoms Cables In Ducts & Sub-ducts
Socomore Cable Ease is a clear liquid silicone based cable blowing lubricant which is designed to meet the needs of the blown / air-carrying cable installation techniques in the fibre optic and telecommunication industry.
Cable blowing lubricant provides a significant reduction of the friction coefficient developed during the placement of cables in ducts and sub-ducts using blowing and air carrying techniques.
Cable Blowing Lubricant
Features & Benefits
- Easy application with superior friction reduction ensures fast and efficient installation
- Cable blowing lubricant spreads evenly with an easy flow without drops or lumps
- Overcomes the problems using thick gel-based, wax or microsphere lubricants
- Does not dry out during installation or interrupt the flow or carrying capability of the air
- Atomizes when blown, maximising cable installation distances
- Leaves a thin film of lubricant which will not cement cables
- Can be used with pre-lubricated or co-extruded cable ducts and sub-ducts
- Ensures that any contact between new and existing cables does not cause blockages
- Allows easy removal or subsequent installations to same duct at a later date
- Improves efficiency of pre-lubricated ducts
- Reduces the risk of stoppages and cable damage
- Saves time and money
- Suitable for use at extreme temperatures
- Compatible with all standard cable jackets, duct and inner-duct polymers
- Non-flammable blowing lubricant
- Nexans approval – recommended after compatibility testing with cable jacket material
- Specific gravity – 0.825
Cable Blowing Lubricant – Applications
Cable Ease is a cable blowing lubricant for cable placement operations using blowing and air carrying techniques.
- Electrical, inside wiring and telecommunications cable placements
- Fibre optic cable blowing installations
- Sub-duct installation
- Pre-lubricating cable ducts
- Sponge blowing techniques
- Recommended when cable is being installed or blown into a cable duct that contains existing cables or sub-ducts
- Ensures any contact between the new cable and the existing cables does not cause any blockages or stoppages.
How to use cable blowing lubricant
- Pour Cable Ease into the opening of the duct. Blow a sponge or wiper through the duct prior to the installation of the cable or sub-duct. The sponge spreads a thin film of Cable Ease lubricant on the inner walls of the ducting, pre-lubricating the interior prior to the cable or sub-duct passing through.
- As pre-lubrication pour 250 ml of Cable Ease per 2 km of duct into the cable duct.
- Use 1 litre of Cable Ease / 2 km of duct poured in front of a foam carrier / sponge.
- Use 0.5 litre of Cable Ease / 1 km of duct, poured behind the cable carrier.
These estimations are based on the standard telecoms duct ID of 25mm.
For fibre optic cable blowing operations it is designed to be poured into the opening of the conduit or inner-duct and blown or pushed by a sponge to provide waterproof lubricity on the inner walls – see cable winches used to assist in the cable pulling of telecoms cables.
➡ Power Fibre Telecom | 11kV 33kV | MV HV Medium High Voltage | 66kV 132kV EHV Cable Lubricants