Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2 13.2 Cal Hi Vis Yellow
ARC FLASH CLOTHING
Category 2 Sweatshirt By ProGARM
ProGARM Arc Flash Sweatshirt is tested to achieve Category 2 protection against arc flash 13.2cal/cm² according to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 ‘open arc’ test method – when combined with ProGARM 5286 arc flash polo shirt a clothing protection layer level of Category 3 is reached.
Should you require guidance on selection and use of an Arc Flash Calculator please call Thorne & Derrick, the UK’s leading specialist distributor of electrical safety equipment for LV (Low Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) and HV (High Voltage).
Arc flash sweatshirt sizes ranging from S-4XL.
Upgraded Premium hi vis sweatshirt featuring innovative arm panel design with pocket and constructed using VXS+ Flame Resistant Jersey with brushed fleece inner for warmth.
Arc Flash Protection
- IEC 61482-1-1:2009 Open Arc Test Method Cal Rating – 13.2cal/cm²
- IEC 61482-1-2:2007 Box Test Method Class 1 or Class 2 – Class 1
Arc Flash Sweatshirt Category 2
Features & Benefits
- Arc Flash protection
- Brushed fleece inner – winter warmth
- VXS+ blend – natural feel, comfortable & soft
- Breathable with good moisture management
- Round neck collar with stretch rib – smart appearance
- Rib knit cuffs – close fit sweatshirt
- 5cm stretch rib Hem – best fit around the waist
- Arm pocket – useful pocket for phone or small items
- SafetyICONTM on arm – visual EN Standards icon system
- 5cm FR AS Reflective Tape – heat applied to improve flexibility
- Garment Order Code – ProGARM 5626
- Category 2 Arc Flash Protection
- See full range of Arc Flash Clothing, PPE & Protection Garments
ProGARM 5626 arc flash sweatshirt conform to the following European Standards:
- EN ISO 11612:2015 | A1 | B1 | C1
- EN 1149-5:2009
- EN 20471:2013 | Class 3
- IEC 61482-2:2009 | Class 1
- IEC 61482-2:2009 | EBT50 = 13.2cal/cm²
Sweatshirt | Care Information
ProGARM 5626 arc flash sweatshirt must be carefully cleaned to ensure arc flash protection levels are maintained.
- Do not bleach, boil or use soap based products – clean polo shirts using detergents only
- Dirty clothing may lead to reduction in arc flash protection
- Company will not accept liability for garments where care labels have been ignored, neglected, defaced or removed
- Always store arc flash clothing in clean dry conditions
- Do not store in places subject to direct strong sunlight
Arc Flash sweatshirts Size Chart
|Chest to Fit (inches)||34-36||36-38||38-41||41-44||44-46||46-50||50-52||52-56||56-58|
|Chest to Fit (cms)||85-90||90-95||95-102.5||102.5-110||110-115||115-125||125-130||130-140||140-145|
Related Arc Flash Clothing Protection & Products
IEC 61482 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AGAINST THE THERMAL HAZARDS OF AN ELECTRIC ARC
Arc flash clothing and garments in a layered combination deliver workwear protection against hazards according to IEC 61482 – PPE protects the worker against electric arc flash dangers. According to IEC 61482-1-1:2009 (encompassing NFPA 70E 2015) the 4 arc risk categories are numbered according to the severity threat and determine the clothing protection level required to protect against a minimum level of incident energy measured in calories / cm² – this is the ‘Open Arc’ test method and measures clothing protection level according to the Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV).
The ‘Box Arc’ tests clothing materials and fabric according to a pass/fail test by exposure to electric arc produced by 4kA (Class 1) and 7kA (Class 2) short circuits – this is IEC 61482-1-2:2007.
ARC 1 4 Cal ♦ ARC 2 8 Cal ♦ ARC 3 25 Cal ♦ ARC 4 40 Cal
IEC Standard 61482 – Class 1
Garment Category – Sweatshirt
Order Code – ProGARM 5626
- Anti Static BS EN 1149-5:2008 Electrostatic Properties Of Protective Clothing
- Flame Resistant EN ISO 11612:2015 Protective Clothing Against Heat & Flame