Cembre RHU81 Presshead (LV 240sqmm HV 200sqmm)
Cembre RHU81 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU81 presshead will accept die sets common to Cembre 80kN hydraulic crimping tools.
The RHU81 hydraulic crimping head is suitable for installing the same range of cable lugs, crimp connectors and terminals as Cembre HT81-U.
The presshead is lightweight in design weighing 1.9kg (without dies) and features a patented closure and release mechanism for the die locking pin – used to joint and terminate lugs or connectors on LV MV HV cables including 11kV/33kV medium/high voltage electrical systems.
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
Cembre RHU81 Presshead
- The Cembre RHU81 presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the Cembre RHU81 presshead
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram of the presshead tool
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
CEMBRE RHU81 Presshead
|Cembre RHU81 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||80kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
LV- HV CABLE CRIMPING APPLICATIONS
Cembre RHU81 is generally used to terminate copper or aluminium conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 240sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 200sqmm).
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 240sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices (11kV-33kV) – up to 200sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Copper Connectors – up to 100sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
CRIMPING DIE SET GUIDE FOR CEMBRE RHU81
Cembre provides a matched crimping system to ensure secure LV MV HV electrical connections (lugs and splices) manufactured from copper or aluminium in accordance with CE Marking and international standards – includes a full range of nest, indentor and die sets compatible with their hydraulic and battery crimping tools, all manufactured by Cembre.
Cembre Copper Tube Connectors & Cable Lugs
Source Code Same Table As Cembre HT81-U
For crimping applications including high voltage copper connectors and high voltage cable lugs including IEC228/BS6360 conductors please contact T&D.
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.