Cembre HT81-U Crimping Tool (up to 240sqmm cables)
LV-HV Cable Crimping Tools
Cembre HT81-U crimping tool is lightweight and ideal for use on overhead lines and other LV-HV cable jointing, splicing and terminating applications. The HT81-U crimping tool features a patented closure and release mechanism for the die locking pin – a wide range of electrical connectors can be crimped with a minimal number of die sets due to their unique, double groove styling.
The Cembre HT81-U features a double speed crimping action: a fast advancing speed for rapid approach of the die sets to the electrical connector and a slower more powerful speed for crimping.
In addition, the crimp tool head is fully rotatable through 180 degrees for ease of use and comfort for the user enabling crimping in confined or restricted areas including LV-HV switchgear, substations and electrical panels. The built in safety valve also by-pass the oil supply when maximum pressure has been reached.
The hydraulic crimp tool allows for crimping of a wide range of connectors using only a small number of die sets due to their unique, double groove styling and the HT81-U tool has a pressure releasing system that can be easily operated at any stage of the compression.
The tool has two forward speeds of the ram and automatically switches from a fast advancing speed of dies to a slower crimping speed.
Cembre HT81-U crimping tool
- Crimping force 80kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 700 bar (10,000 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 485mm, Width handles closed 141.5mm, Width handles open 341mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 3.4kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 32 or SHELL TELLUS TX 32 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
Dust, sand and dirt threaten the safe and reliable operation of all hydraulic crimping tools – after use the Cembre HT81-U should be cleaned with a clean cloth taking care to remove any residual especially close to pivots and movable parts.
Hydraulic crimping tool to accept ‘U’ style die sets 10sqmm-240sqmm and comes with a plastic carrying case
For storage and protection the Cembre HT81-U tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool and up to 5 sets of die sets.
- Dimensions 620x380x135mm/ 270x80x30mm
HT91-U Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Width||Weight|
Cembre HT81-U Hydraulic Crimping Tools
- With the Cembre HT81-U tool in rest position operate as follows:
- Select the appropriate crimping die set for the connector to be crimped.
- Press release pin and withdraw die stop pin.
- Insert dies into guide way on head.
- Insert die stop pin until fully located.
Before carrying out further operations make sure the die stop pin is completely inserted; a partial insertion may cause damage to the head.
- Insert the conductor in the conductor.
- Position the connector between the dies and ensure the correct location of the crimp.
- Set Cembre HT81-U tool to release position by rotating main handle; open the moveable handle.
- Rotate main handle to operating position.
- Operate moveable handle for lower die advancement.
- This first stage rapidly closes the dies to the connector.
- Make sure that dies are exactly positioned on desired crimp point, otherwise re-open dies and position the connector.
- Continue to operate the moveable handle
- The Cembre HT81-U tool will automatically change over to the high pressure stage.
- The ram will advance until the dies touch.
- It is recommended to continue pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a click is heard.
- Rotate the main handle to release position.
- Close handles completely: the ram will retract and the dies will open.
- Retract thoroughly the ram
- Keeping handles closed, rotate main handle to rest position; the moveable handle will be locked
- Store the tool in its case.
- Press release pin and withdraw die stop pin
- Remove dies from head and insert replacement dies
- Insert die stop pin until fully located.
The three operating positions are identified on the main handle, which rotates relative to the reference point:
- Rest position (Handles locked): lock handles together when tool is not in use
- Release position: close the moveable handle against the main handle, in order to discharge the oil pressure and retract the dies
- Operating position: operate the moveable handle, to build up pressure and close the dies
Cembre HT81-U Crimping Tool
|Cembre HT81-U Crimping Tool Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||80kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Weight (without crimp dies)||3.4kg|
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
Cembre HT81-U hydraulic crimping tool is generally used to terminate conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 240sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 200sqmm) – this includes both Cold Shrink and heat shrink types.
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 240sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices (11kV-33kV) – up to 200sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Copper Connectors – up to 100sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
CRIMPING DIE SET GUIDE FOR CEMBRE HT81-U
Cembre provides a matched crimping system to ensure secure LV MV HV electrical connections (lugs and splices) manufactured from copper or aluminium in accordance with CE Marking and international standards – includes a full range of nest, indentor and die sets compatible with their hydraulic and battery crimping tools, all manufactured by Cembre.
Cembre Copper Tube Connectors & Cable Lugs
|Copper Conductor sqmm||Connector||Hexagonal Crimp||Indent Crimp|
|Low str.||Flex||Terminal Lug||Through Connector||Die Set||No of Crimps||Nest||Indentor||No of Crimps|
For crimping applications including high voltage copper connectors and high voltage cable lugs including IEC228/BS6360 conductors please contact T&D.
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.