LV MV HV Power Cable Duct (11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV)
Polypipe manufacture a broad range of LV MV HV power cable duct for low, medium and high voltage protection of cables from 11kV up to 132kV – specified by UK DNO’s and the power industry.
The Polypipe power cable duct ranges include Ridgiduct, Ridgicoil and Polyduct ducting which comply with ENATS 12-24 Class 1 – Class 3 cable protection specifications and BS EN 61386-24:2010 type 450N or 750N with normal duty impact resistance.
T&D also supply the full range of Polypipe cable duct including ducting for low voltage street lighting and motorway communications applications.
Selecting Cable Duct
When selecting a cable duct, the fill ratio (defined as the ratio of the cross-sectional area of the intended cable and the internal cross-sectional area of the duct) should be considered when determining the size of cable duct suitable for a cable protection application. The fill ratio should not normally exceed 65%.
The following cable duct classifications are according to ENATS 12-24 (2014):
- Class 1 Cable Ducts – to give 450 N compression strength at 75 °C
- Class 2 Cable Ducts – to give 450 N compression strength at 50 °C
- Class 3 Cable Ducts – to give 450 N compression strength at 23 °C
LV MV HV Power Cable Duct
11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV
Cable Duct Ranges
- High Voltage Class 1 Cable Duct (33kV, 66kV & 132kV) – PVCu
- Polypipe Ridgiduct Power MV HV Class 1 Cable Duct (33kV, 66kV & 132kV)
- Polypipe Ridgiduct Power Class 2 Cable Duct (LV MV HV 11kV 20kV)
- Polypipe Ridgiduct Power Class 3 Cable Duct
- Polypipe Polyduct Power Class 3 Cable Duct (ENATS 12-24)
- Polypipe Ridgicoil Power Cable Duct
11KV 33KV Cable Ducts
T&D, The MV-HV Specialist Electrical Distributors, stock and supply an extensive range of medium/high voltage cable accessories (joints and terminations), cable laying equipment and cable duct to support the installation of 11kV and 33kV cables with a range of duct sealing products for protecting substations against flood damage or gas risks.