Pfisterer CONNEX Separable Connectors Size 3s 52kV 1250A 120-630sqmm Cables
MV-HV Switchgear & Transformer Cable Terminations – 52kV
Size 3S 1250Amp
Pfisterer CONNEX size 3S inner cone cable plugs terminate MV-HV power cables into GIS (gas insulated switchgear) with inner cone bushings size 3S (1250A amps) – size 1 CONNEX connectors are specified for cable terminations and connections at up to 52kV operating voltages.
CONNEX Size 3S MV connectors manufactured by Pfisterer are specified to terminate MV HV cables with specific conductor size range (120-630sqmm) and primary insulation diameter ranges according to the selection table below and the operating maximum voltage with an amperage rating of 1250A.
Pfisterer size 3S inner cone plug separable connectors are suitable for terminating and connecting high voltage single core cables (XLPE EPR) with copper wire screens up to 52kV – CONNEX plugs suitable for indoor and outdoor cable terminations with or without voltage taps are supplied in sets of three phases.
Typically, used to connect and terminate unarmoured single core XLPE or EPR insulated power cables with Cu copper wire screen and fully bonded semicon screen the Pfisterer CONNEX Size 3S MV Connector can supplied as variants and customised to suit – including integrated fiber optic (FO) cable.
- CTS Copper Tape Screen Cables EARTHING KIT
- ATS Aluminium Tape Screen Cables
- AWA Aluminium Wire Armour Cables EARTHING KIT E
- Pb Lead Sheathed Armoured Cables
- Wire Armoured Cables | Aluminium AWA | Steel SWA
- Easy-Peel Strippable Semicon Layer Cables EARTHING KIT F
Pfisterer CONNEX Size 3S
1250Amp MV-HV Cable Connectors – fEATURES
CONNEX connectors suit:
- DIN VDE medium-high voltage power cables
- RM type conductor (stranded circular) aluminium or copper
- Single core MV-HV power cables with copper wire screen/unarmoured
- Cable sealing system (bell flange seal and heat shrink tubing)
- For indoor and outdoor cable applications (11kV-24kV)
- Not soil-resistant or offshore-proof
- 3 CONNEX separable cable connectors per set
- Voltage taps that are not connected to a voltage display system must be earthed for size 3S
- Rotatable flange
- Offshore version on request.
- 3-core variant on request for XLPE power cables (11kV-24kV)
Should you require any assistance with selecting or specifying cable joints, terminations, connectors and plug-ins for MV-HV cables, please contact T&D.
Pfisterer Size 3S MV Connex
Separable Connector Specifications
CONNEX Size 3S connectors up to 33kV suit the following types of conductors:
- Stranded Circular RM
- Stranded Sector SM
- Solid Circular RE
- Solid Sector SE
- Superflexible Stranded RF
|Pfisterer CONNEX Separable Connectors (Size 3S)(w/ voltage tap)||Pfisterer CONNEX Separable Connectors (Size 3S)(w/o voltage tap)||Maximum Operating Voltage||Cable Cross Section||Diameter Over Cable Conductor||For Diameter Over XPLE Insulation (52kV)Ø|
|850350120||–||52kV||120sqmm||11.5mm – 13.7mm||32mm – 36mm|
|850350150||–||52kV||150sqmm||13.5mm – 15.7mm||36mm – 39.5mm|
|850350185||–||52kV||185sqmm||15mm – 17.2mm||36mm – 39.5mm|
|850350240||–||52kV||240sqmm||17.5mm – 19.7mm||38mm – 41mm|
|850350300||–||52kV||300sqmm||19.5mm – 21.7mm||38mm – 41mm|
|850350400||–||52kV||400sqmm||22.6mm – 24.8mm||40mm – 43mm|
|850350500||–||52kV||500sqmm||25.4mm – 27.6mm||43.5mm – 46mm|
|–||870350630||52kV||630sqmm||28.9mm – 31.1mm||47.5mm – 50mm|
MV-CONNEX Separable Connectors, Size 3s Technical Data and Size Classification List
|Max. operating voltage Um (kV)||52|
|Rated voltage U (kV)||45|
|Line-to-earth-voltage U0 (kV)||26|
|Nominal current In (A)||1250|
|Cross section Min. (mm2)||35||95||25|
|(Guide value)² Max. (mm2)||800||1000||400|
|(Set value)³ (mm) Max.||36.0||36.0||26.8|
|Voltage tap||with¹/without||without (XL)|
|Diameter of Min. insulation3) after removing the outer (mm)||15.5||46.0|
|Semi-conducting Max. layer (mm)||46.0||55.0|
|Rated AC voltage 5 min. (kV)||117|
|Partial discharge level at 2 x U0 (pC)||≤ 10|
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage (BIL) (kV)||250|
|DC voltage test 15 min. (kV)||156|
|Rated short time 1 s (kA)||60|
|Current 3 s (kA)||40|
|Rated impulse current (kA)||150|
1) If not required, the voltage tap must be earthed separately.
2) The min. and max. cross sections can only be achieved by maintaining the min. or max. diameter across the conductors and the min. or max. diameter across the insulation.
3) The entire diameter range is covered by various components.
Pfisterer CONNEX plug-in type Size 3S connectors are available with a selection of MV accessories to suit:
- 827/186/213 – 45° Angled Test Adaptors
- 827/181/013 – Current Testing Adaptors
- 827/125/003 – Cable Testing Sockets
- 827/150/004 – Bushing Blanking Connectors
- 827/537/000 – 10kA Surge Arresters
- Pfisterer CONNEX Test Leads | Straight & Branch Cable Joints | Elbow Adaptors
- Pfisterer SICON | Shearbolt Lugs
Pfisterer CONNEX enables components enable onshore and offshore LV-HV cable jointing, terminating and connecting of GIS Switchgear, Transformers, RMU (Ring Main Units), Capacitors, Transducers, Motors & Cable Sealing End Boxes – also surge arresters, busbar couplings, pluggable substation connectors and Sicon mechanical shearbolt cable lugs and splices for 11kV/33kV switchgear connection of MV-HV power cables.
➡ For further information about Pfisterer CONNEX size 3S plugs please refer to the product sections below – to support the installation of Pfisterer inner come plugs T&D stock the Alroc range of cable jointing tools.