CATU Insulated Tools for Live Line Working to IEC 60900 up to 1000 Volts
Published 07 Feb 2019
uploaded by Chris Dodds - Thorne & Derrick Sales & Marketing Manager
Live Line Working Tools – LV Cable Jointers Tools
Electrical Safety Equipment
The CATU Electrical range of insulated tools comply with the NF EN 60900 and IEC 60900 standards – these insulated tools are used by cable jointers and electrical engineers for live working and jointing cables up to 1000 volts.
CATU insulated hand tools are dielectrically tested to 10,000 volts AC by electrical testing and severe mechanical tests including impact tests, tearing tests and puncture tests to meet these standards and are for working live at nominal voltages up to 1kV AC and 1.5kV DC.
Contact us with your Sales Enquiries for the following product ranges – we stock and distribute the most extensive range of IEC 60900 insulated tools:
- Insulated Tool Kits
- Insulated Pliers & Cutters
- Insulated Spanners
- Insulated Sockets & Accessories
- Insulated Saws & Knives
- Insulated Screwdrivers
- Insulated Nut Spinners
- Insulated Link Extractors
- Insulated Hexagon Keys
- Insulated Box Spanners
- Other Insulated Tools
- Insulated Gloves
♦ Live Working Tools – Hand Tools For Use Up To 1000 V AC and 1 500 V DC
CATU Isomil insulated tools for live working cover all electricians and cable jointers requirements. Insulated tools are used by live working cable jointers on utility cables during connection, disconnection and cable fault repair of PILC, Consac, Waveform and XLPE SWA low voltage cables, 415V-600V.
From stock Thorne & Derrick can also supply complete LV Jointers Tool Sets and Jointers Tents to provide weather protection for utility workers carrying out maintenance, repair or installation services to both de-energised or energised power systems – for overhead line and pole working on cables and conductors we can supply a selection of insulating ladders compliant with EN 131 safety standards.
CATU Isomil Dual Material
Layer Insulating Tools
DUAL MATERIAL INSULATED TOOLS – FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Suitable for work on live cables, particularly low voltage (30cm area of a live bare wire, cable or conductor)
- Ergonomic hand tools
- Dual material with non-skid “softgrip” injected material for operator comfort
DUAL LAYER INSULATED TOOLS – FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Extensive product live for work on live cables; mainly used by LV Live Line Working teams
- Ergonomic insulated tools
- Dual-layer with a white insulating layer
- High mechanical strength in the layers due to dipping technique
- Steel with high mechanical properties
CATU Electrical LV Live Line Working Tool Range
- IEC 60900 Insulated Pliers
- IEC 60900 Insulated Screwdrivers
- IEC 60900 Insulated Cutters
- IEC 60900 Insulated Hacksaws
- IEC 60900 Insulated Stripping Knives
- IEC 60900 Insulated Spanners
- IEC 60900 Insulated Ratchet Handles
- IEC 60900 Insulated Wrenches
- IEC 60900 Insulated Sockets
Electrical Safety Overhead Lines & Underground Cables
CATU Electrical Safety Equipment protects Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s), Linesmen, Cable Jointers and Electrical Engineers during electrical construction and maintenance work on underground cables and overhead lines – typical applications include LV-HV cable jointing, fuse pulling, racking circuit breakers, electrical switching and live working.
For instance, insulating gloves offer personal protection against electrocution – durable, flexible, high dielectric and mechanical strength insulating gloves from 500V – 33kV.
The CATU MO-180-ARC is part of our range of arc flash helmets which is comfortable and safe when in use with insulating protection of the shell, shockproof for the head and eye and face protection againstof thermal effect. Easy to use – taking only 3 Seconds To Install.
- Insulated Tools & Live Working Tools Size: 1.98 MB
- Live Working Tools (Insulated Tools IEC 60900) – CATU Guide Size: 2.89 MB