Pole Terminations | 33kV 36kV Cable Termination Kits HV Single Core XLPE Outdoor (Heat Shrink)
XLPE cable termination kits using heat shrink technology are suitable for outdoor terminating of medium/high voltage (MV-HV) single core cables up to 33kV.
Used to terminate 33kV/36kV power cables onto outdoor pole mounted crucifix MV-HV switchgear, transformer, motor or cable boxes – indoor 33kV cable termination version available.
Outdoor cable terminations are commonly referrred to as Pole Terminations – the following image shows the typical pole termination arrangement.
Prior to installation of the cable termination the following points should be observed by the cable jointers:
- Construct the crucifix and fix to the final position on the pole
- Ensure 33kV cable is positioned correctly at the pole base directly under in its position
- Check phasing any crossing of the core is to be undertaken below the cable cleats
- Position the 33kV cable in line with the crucifix and clamp the cable into the cleat
- Straighten and position each core to its correct connection point
- Procedure to install the pole termination in accordance with the utility Jointing Procedure
Note: Local Jointing procedures vary – this information is based on Western Power Distribution document CA3C/2 General Requirements for 33kV Cable Jointing.
Single Core XLPE Cable Termination
hIGH VOLTAGE HV OutDOOR HEAT SHRINK
- Cable Termination Type – Heat Shrink
- Termination Location – Pole | Outdoor
- Voltage – 33kV / 36kV
- Cable Insulation Type – XLPE EPR (Polymeric)
- Number of Cores – Single Core
- Conductors – 35sqmm, 50sqmm, 70sqmm, 95sqmm, 120sqmm, 150sqmm, 185sqmm, 240sqmm, 300sqmm, 400sqmm, 500sqmm, 630sqmm
- Heat Shrink Standard Tail Length – 800mm
- Suit 33kV 36kV Cables – BS6622, BS7835, BS7870, BS6883, BS7917 & IEC60502-2
33kV cable Termination Testing & Selection
Shrink Polymer Systems test 33kV heat shrink joints and terminations as detailed in CENELEC standards HD 628 S1 and 629.1 S2:2006 encompassing VDE 0278 and IEC 60502.
The following table enables the heat shrink pole termination kit selection for single core outdoor XLPE cables up to 36kV – customised terminations available to suit all types of high voltage polymeric cables cables.
|33kV Cable Termination Indoor||XLPE Cable Termination Kit Range – Single Core||33kV Cable Pole Termination Outdoor|
|1TIS-36X-A||Single Core 35-70sqmm||1TES-36X-A|
|1TIS-36X-B||Single Core 95-185sqmm||1TES-36X-B|
|1TIS-36X-C||Single Core 240-400sqmm||1TES-36X-C|
|1TIS-36X-D||Single Core 500-630sqmm||1TES-36X-D|
Cable Termination Kit List
|Anti Track Heat Shrink Core Tubes (Red)||3|
|Stress Control Heat Shrink Tubes (Black)||3|
|Stress Relief Tape (Screened HV XLPE Cable only)||3|
|Red Mastic Sealing Tape||1|
|XLPE Cable Cleaning Degreasing Wipes||3|
|Rain Sheds (Pole Termination)||4|
|HV Jointing Instructions Single Core XLPE Outdoor||1|
33kV Termination Accessories
Complete supporting range of indoor cable termination accessories for 33kV single core cables.
HV Terminations, Connectors, Plugs
T&D distribute HV heat shrink, cold shrink and plug-in style cable terminations and connectors for high voltage connection of power cables to air, gas or oil insulated switchgear and transformers, 11kV-33kV.