Cembre B-TC500E Cutting Tool (Copper, Aluminium & Telecommunication Cables)
LV-HV Cable Cutting Tools For Copper, Aluminium & Telecommunication Cables
Cembre B-TC500E battery cutting tools are designed for use by LV-HV cable jointers, overhead linesmen and electrical engineers for cutting copper, aluminium and telecommunication cables with a maximum overall cable diameter of 50mm.
Cembre cutting tool blades are manufactured from high strength steel and heat treated to ensure extended service life – the cable cutting tool head rotates through 90 degrees enabling the user to cut cables in the most comfortable position and can be opened easily to allow cutting of running cables.
The Cembre B-TC500E cutting tool is fitted with a maximum hydraulic pressure valve and has an operating temperature of -15 °C to +50 °C.
Designed with improved balance, B-TC500E is easily manageable during the cutting process and, by the use of bi-component plastics, has a shell with high resistance to wear and damage.
Cembre B-TC500E cutting tool
- Max Cutting Diameter: 50mm
- Rated Operating Pressure: 600 bar (8,700 psi)
- Dimensions: 405mm x 398mm x 83mm
- Cable Cutter Weight: 5.8kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 32 or equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre cutting tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
The cutting tool is supplied as:
- Basic tool with battery and shoulder strap
- Spare battery
- Battery charger
- Plastic carrying case suitable for storing the tool and accessories
For storage and protection the Cembre B-TC500E tool is supplied in a robust carrying bag for storage of the cutting tool.
- Dimensions 520x432x126 mm
|Max cutting Ø mm||Length||Height||Width||Weight|
Cembre B-TC500E Cutting Tool
Cembre B-TC500E use Li-Ion 18 V 4 Ah batteries offering a higher capacity than 14.4 V 3 Ah, while greater cutting speed and cutting force result from a powerful hydraulic cable cutting system with double speed action. The battery is equipped with LED indicators to show the remaining battery life at any time by pressing the adjacent button.
Cembre tools are designed with improved balance – Cembre B-TC500E is easily manageable during the cable cutting process has a shell with high resistance to wear and damage.
Rubber grip inserts, low noise and minimal vibration aid operator comfort while additional convenience and safety are provided by LED lighting of the working area.
|Cembre Tool Type B-TC500E||Cable Cutter (Hydraulic – Battery Operated)|
|Battery Voltage||18 V|
|Battery Current||4 Ah|
|Maximum Cable Cutting Diameter||50mm|
- LED worklight
- Upper cutting blade
- Lower cutting blade
- Operatung button
- Pressure relelase button
- Battery capacity indicator
- Battery check button
- Battery release
- Ring for shoulder strap
- Order Ref : Cembre B-TC500E
Cable Cutting Safety
Keep hands clear from cutting blades ♦ Do not cut steel ♦ Wear safety glasses and gloves ♦ Read tool instructions prior to cutting cable
B-TC500E – Maintenance
The tool is robust, completely sealed, and requires very little daily maintenance. Compliance with the following points, should help to maintain its optimum performance:
- Dust, sand and dirt are a danger for any hydraulic device. Every day, after use, the tool must be wiped with a clean cloth taking care to remove any residue, especially close to pivots and moveable parts.
Do not use hydrocarbons to clean the rubber parts.
- Regularly lubricate the moving parts and pivot pins of the head with a few drops of oil.
Cembre Cutting Tools
Underground Cables & Overhead Lines
- Power Cables: LV-MV-HV Armoured & Unarmoured Cables (6.6kV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV). EHV, Subsea Cables & Umbilicals
- Utility Cables: LV-HV Power BS6622 BS7870 (XLPE & EPR – Triplex) including Lead Covered & LV Waveform Cables
- Offshore & Marine Cables: (IEC 60092, BS6883, NEK606, IEC 60331)
- Telecoms Cables: Copper Cables (Aerial, Duct/Underground Buried & Wire)
- Low Voltage Aerial Bundled Cables (ABC Mains & Service Cable)
- High Voltage Overhead Conductors: Copper & Aluminium
Cembre hydraulic crimping tools are available to suit all types of cable installations.