Cembre B450ND-BVE Battery Crimping Tool (up to 150sqmm cables)
B450ND-BVE is suitable for crimping electrical connectors onto conductor cross sections up to 150 sqmm and uses the die sets common to all Cembre 45kN tools and heads.
B450ND-BVE is a new generation of hand-held cordless tools, characterised by a “Bilinear” mechanical design.
The B450ND-BVE battery crimping tool is fitted with a maximum pressure valve and an Li-Ion 18.0V 2.0Ah high power battery which has LED indicators to display the remaining battery charge by pressing the adjacent button.
Weight and balance have been reconfigured to yield improvements in handling and convenience and the more rigid structure of the bi-component plastic body provides greater mechanical protection while its rubber inserts boost operator safety and comfort.
The head rotates by 180º for ease of use within confined spaces and has a robust moulded body which is highly resistance to damage. Additionally the crimping tool is extremely quiet with minimal vibration.. Flashing work lights and a continuous beep indicate to the operator that B450ND-BVE battery crimping tool has reached the working hours at which ordinary maintenance is recommended. It is also a feature that the operating data is stored on a memory card for transfer to PC by USB interface .(SMARTOOL technology).
Cembre B450ND-BVE crimping tool
- Rated Crimping Force: 50kN
- Minimum Crimping Force: 54.8kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 600 bar (8,702 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 364mm, Width 136mm, Height 81mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 2.6kg
- Oil: TOTAL DIEKAN 1640 or equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre B450ND-BVE tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool.
- Dimensions 465x315x116 mm
B450ND-BVE Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||“C” Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Height||Width||Weight|
Cembre B450ND-BVE Battery Crimping Tool
|Type Of Action||Crimp|
Cembre B450ND-BVE Battery Crimping Tool
- With the Cembre crimping tool in the rest position and without battery, proceed as follows:
- Select the appropriate Cembre die set for the connector
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die support
- Close the crimp tool latch
- Insert the conductor in the connector
- Position the connector between the dies and ensure the correct location of the crimp
- Grip the Cembre tool firmly and comfortably and press operating button to activate the motor pump and advance the lower die. To halt the advancement, release the operating button and the motor will cut out.
- Make sure the dies are exactly positioned on the desired crimp point otherwise re-open dies and reposition the connector.
- By keeping the operating button pressed, the motor continues to operate: the ram will gradually move forward until the two dies touch. It is recommended to keep operating until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard.
- The motor will continue to operate after the maximum pressure relief valve has activated. No further crimping force is applied, the oil is bypassed and returned to the reservoir.
Release of Dies
- Press the pressure release button, the ram will retract and open the Cembre dies.
- For ease of operation the tool head can rotate through 180º, allowing the operator to work in the most comfortable position.
- Warning: Do not attempt to rotate the crimp tool head when the hydraulic circuit is pressurised.
Replace of Dies
- To replace the Cembre dies, open the head and extract them from their seats.
- The battery is equipped with LED indicators that indicate the remaining battery life at any time by pressing the adjacent button.
- 4 LEDs illuminated: Fully charged
- 2 LEDs illuminated: 50% capacity
- 1 LED flashing: Minimum charge, replace the battery.
Insertion / Replacement of Battery
- To replace the battery, remove it by pressing the release button, then insert the new battery, sliding it into the guides until it locks.
|Wide-opening head, ideal for derivations from running conductors||“Bilinear” mechanical design||4 LED lighting of the working area||Manual pressure release button||Battery connection system with release
|Sculptured body for optimum
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
The Cembre B450ND-BVE cordless hydraulic crimping tool with new 18V Li-Ion battery has the following crimp ranges:
- LV Lugs & Splices – up to 150sqmm cable conductors
- HV Lugs & Splices – up to 70sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Connectors – up to 35sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.