Cembre B35M-TFCE Cutting Tool (Profiled Contact Wires)
LV-HV Cable Cutting Tools For Copper, Aluminium & Telecommunication Cables
Cembre B35M-TFCE battery cutting tools are cordless cutting tools with interchangeable dies to perform a perfectly perpendicular cut without deformation of the wire shape. Suitable for LV-HV cable jointers, overhead linesmen and electrical engineers for cutting profiled contact wires and copper and aluminium ropes.
The Cembre hydraulic cutting head of the B35M-TFCE simplifies the cutting operation and reduces the time needed to prepare the joint. The cutting tool is cordless and can be operated with one hand and is suitable for cutting profiled contact wires, on electrified traction systems.
Supplied in a sturdy plastic case VAL P43 suitable for storage of the tool and 4 sets of dies.
- Rated Operating Pressure: 450 bar (6,500 psi)
- Dimensions: 385mm x 195mm x 133mm
- Cable Cutter Weight: 3.4kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 22 or ESSO INVAROL EP22 or equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre cutting tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
Hydraulic cutting head for cutting profiled contact wires and copper and aluminium ropes. Interchangeable dies cut perpendicularly and without deformation to optimise joint installation.
The use of this head simplifies the cutting operation and reduces the time needed to prepare the joint.
Cembre B35M-TFCE Cutting Tool – Advantages
- Suitable for cutting profiled contact wires, on electrified traction systems
- Balanced tool for greater control
- Head rotates 180° for ease of operation in confined spaces
- Fitted with a maximum pressure valve
- Automatic return of dies after completion of the cut
- Automatic return can be stopped at any time to ease positioning
- Extremely quiet, minimal vibration
- Durable moulded body offering high resistance to wear and damage in all operating conditions
- Ni-MH battery; powerful, better environmental compatibility
- Battery condition displayed after every cutting operation and after any battery insertion to show the residual battery power
- Supplied in a robust plastic case to accommodate the tool and all the accessories
- Two batteries and AC charger included
CEMBRE B35M-TFCE CUTTING TOOL – Three Stage operation
|Insert the die set into the head|
|Position the conductor inside the die set so that the blade lines up with the desired cutting point; close the die set by moving the locking handle towards the tool body, until automatically “locked” in position and securely clamping the wire/conductor.|
|Operate the pump to advance the blade to the conductor; the blade progressively advances until the conductor is completely cut in a clean and precise manner without deforming the conductor itself|
CEMBRE B35M-TFCE CUTTING TOOL – Technical Specification
|Cembre Cutting Tool Type||B35M-TFC||B35M-TFCE||B35M-TFCT||B35M-TFCA|
|Application Range||suitable for cutting grooved contact wires and conductors used on electric traction system|
|Rated Operating Pressure (bar)||450|
|Dimensions L x W x H (mm)||385 x 195 x 133|
|Weight with battery (kg)||3.4|
|Motor (Volt DC)||18|
|Battery (Volt/Ah)||18 / 2.0 Li-Ion|
|Recommended oil||AGIP ARNICA 22 or ESSO INVAROL EP22 or equivalent|
|Safety||the tool is equipped with a maximum pressure valve|
|Operating temperature °C||-15 to +50|
Cembre Cutting Tools
Underground Cables & Overhead Lines
- Power Cables: LV-MV-HV Armoured & Unarmoured Cables (6.6kV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV). EHV, Subsea Cables & Umbilicals
- Utility Cables: LV-HV Power BS6622 BS7870 (XLPE & EPR – Triplex) including Lead Covered & LV Waveform Cables
- Offshore & Marine Cables: (IEC 60092, BS6883, NEK606, IEC 60331)
- Telecoms Cables: Copper Cables (Aerial, Duct/Underground Buried & Wire)
- Low Voltage Aerial Bundled Cables (ABC Mains & Service Cable)
- High Voltage Overhead Conductors: Copper & Aluminium
Cembre hydraulic crimping tools are available to suit all types of cable installations.