Euromold 440TB Tee Connector 11kV 24kV 33kV 42kV
Dead Break Elbow Connector
Euromold 440TB Plug-In Separable Tee Connector MV HV
Nexans Euromold 440TB elbow connectors (bolted tee connectors) are used to terminate MV-HV XLPE/EPR (polymeric) insulated cables up to 42kV into 400 Series Interface C Bushings located on medium/high voltage switchgear with M16 bolted connections according to CENELEC EN50180 and EN50181.
- 630A | 1250A Connector Continuous Current Rating
- 42kV Connector Maximum Voltage Rating
Euromold 440TB is a screened separable tee connector specified to terminate and connect medium/high voltage cables in the following voltage classes:
- 6/10 (12kV)
- 6.35/11 (12kV)
- 8.7/15 (17.5kV)
- 12/20 (24kV)
- 12.7/22 (24kV)
- 18/30 (36) kV
- 19/33 (36) kV
- 20.8/36 (42) kV
To select the correct Euromold 440TB connector for termination of MV HV power cables with copper wire screen or tape screen to Interface C bushings (6300 Amp and 1250 Amp) full cable specification with dimensional information is required – see the Euromold 440TB download opposite for complete technical specification of the elbow connector.
See the installation instructions for Euromold 440TB separable elbow connectors Type C Interface – the document covers (K) (M) 440TB/G up to 33kV/36kV.
Euromold connectors should be installed only by competent jointers trained in good safety practices involving high voltage electrical equipment.
The Euromold 440TB tee connector with 630A or 1250A current rating is designed for Interface and covers voltages from 12kV to 42kV with a maximum conductor size of 630sqmm.
Euromold 440TB plug-in tee connectors can be supplied as a elbow connector (400LB) and and with surge arrester 400PB – all suitable for use with Interface C Symmetrical type bushings on SF6 gas-insulated switchgear.
Euromold 440TB separable tee connectors are designed to connect all polymeric screened cables to suit CENELEC Interface Type C (630amp and 1250amp) equipment bushings M16 bolted connection up to 42kV.
Designed to connect polymeric insulated cables with a copper wire screen but can be used on wire armoured, copper tape screen cables with the use of additional screen earth kits and accessories.
Euromold Kit MT is required for use with copper tape screened cables, typically BS6622 cable – this comprises 3 lengths of tinned copper earth braid and constant force springs, the earth braid includes a soldered end with stud hole for the earthing connection to the HSGK cable gland or grounding point.
440TB bolted connectors are suitable for terminating MV-HV cables with either “easy-peel” or bonded semicon screens – the 400 Series elbow connectors are specified for indoor cable termination applications, apply suffix (MWS) for outdoor cable connections where additional water-sealing and blocking mastic is required.
|Copper Tape Screen Earthing Kits||11kV Cables||24kV Cables||33kV 36kV|
|Nexans Euromold MT/SE2||16-50sqmm||35-50sqmm||25-35sqmm|
|Nexans Euromold MT/SE3||70-95sqmm||95-185sqmm||50-70sqmm|
|Nexans Euromold MT/SE4||120-150sqmm||240-500sqmm||95-300sqmm|
|Nexans Euromold MT/SE5||na||400-630sqmm||400-630sqmm|
Connector accessories include: dead-end receptacle, dead-end plug, stand-off plug and earthing plug for type C interfaces.
- Manufacturer – Nexans Euromold
- MV HV Equipment Bushing Connector – Interface C
- Maximum Operating Current – 630A (Amps)
- Voltage Classes – 12kV 24kV 33kV 36kV 42kV Maximum
- Terminate & Connect Cables – Polymeric XLPE EPR
- Conductor Cross Section Sizes – 185-630sqmm
- Core Insulation Diameter Range – 23.5-56.0mm
- Applications – MV HV Switchgear, Transformers, Motors
- Dead-Break or Load-Break – Dead Break Connectors
➡ See complete range of Nexans Euromold Connectors
EUROMOLD 440TB Specification
|Current Ir (A) – Interface C Bushings||Current Ir (A) When using a copper (-11-2) or a
bolted (-14-5) conductor contact
|Conductor sizes (sqmm)|
|440TB/G||11kV||630 Amps||1250 Amps||185||630|
|K440TB/G||24kV||630 Amps||1250 Amps||185||630|
|M440TB/G||36kV||630 Amps||1250 Amps||185||630|
|P440TB/G||42kV||630 Amps||1250 Amps||185||630|
Separable tee connector comprising:
- Conductive EPDM insert
- Conductive EPDM jacket
- Insulating EPDM layer moulded between the insert and the jacket
- Type C – 630 A interface as described by CENELEC EN 50180 and 50181
- Conductor connector
- Basic insulating plug (with VD point)
- Cable reducer
- Conductive rubber cap
- Clamping screw
- Earthing lead
The thick conductive EPDM jacket provides a safe to touch screen which ensures safety for personnel, cables and electrical equipment in medium/high voltage installations.
Euromold 440TB Selection Table
For Screened MV HV TEE Connectors
Select the Euromold 440TB ordering part number which positions the cable most central to the minimum and maximum core insulation diameter, then substitute X using the table below, according to the conductor size (sqmm) and type (copper or aluminium). Order Euromold MT connector kit to enable termination of copper tape screened MV-HV cables in voltage range 11kV (12kV) to 42kV – suitable for copper wire screened cables. Add a ‘K’ for use up to 24 kV, add an ‘M’ for use up to 36 kV, add a ‘P’ for use up to 42 kV.
The complete Euromold 440TB tee connector kit comprises the following components – the kit also comprises cable lubricant, wipers, installation instructions and crimp chart.
|Dia. over core insulation (mm)|
|Aluminium Conductor||Aluminium & Copper Conductor||Copper Conductor|
|DIN Hexagonal Crimp||Deep Indent Crimp||Bolted||DIN Hexagonal Crimp|
SELECTING EUROMOLD 440tb CONNECTORS
Provide complete manufacturers cable specification and actual bushing interface type to ensure compatibility of the Euromold connector with the medium/high voltage cable, switchgear or electrical equipment. Specification and design of the Euromold 440TB bolted tee connectors are available as a download opposite.
- Clean the cable reducer, core insulation and contact
- Lightly lubricate the inside surface of the Euromold connector housing and outer surface of the cable reducer
- Check if the angle of the tee connector housing is correct relative to the palm of the crimp contact
- Whilst preventing the cable reducer from further movement down the cable, gently slide the housing on the cable until it cannot advance any further
- Cable reducer must stay in place during installation
Terminating HV Cables With Easy-Peel Type Semi-con Screens Up To 33kV
- Slightly bevel the edge of the core insulation on the MV HV cable. Do not sharpen in cone-shape
- Thoroughly clean core insulation. Always clean cable with wipes towards the copper screen wires
- As a protection, wrap a few turns of adhesive tape around the conductor end
- Remove the field control mastic strip, type Nexans MFC, from the coated paper
- Apply the mastic on the cutback edge of the semi-conductive screen, covering approximately 5mm of the extruded semi-conductive screen and 5mm of the core insulation
- Push the mastic in place while stretching it progressively until both ends overlap and tear-off the excess mastic
- Using the coated side of the paper, squeeze the mastic tightly in place on the step of the semi-conductive screen
Euromold | Connect | Joint | Terminate MV HV Cables – view our complete range of HV Joints & Terminations in heat shrink, cold shrink, push-on and plug-in versions.