Voltage Detectors 3kV 36kV – Pfisterer KP-Test 5L Dual
Pfisterer KP-Test 5L Dual is a capacitive voltage detector that is similar in design to the KP-Test 5L. The one difference is the the KP-Test 5L Dual is able to switch between two nominal voltage ranges allowing a larger system range to be covered without increasing interference field susceptibility.
The voltage detector is mainly intended for use on medium voltage MV overhead lines.
The Pfisterer KP-Test 5 Dual voltage detector provides a high level of user-friendliness and user safety – KP-Test 5 Dual is designed and type tested to Standard IEC 61243-1.
Other versions of the MV medium voltage detector with deviating voltages, ranges of nominal voltages, frequencies and languages are available on request.
KP-Test 5L Dual instruments detect the following voltage classes: 3kV, 10kV, 11kV, 12kV, 33/36kV.
- Class L as defined in IEC 61243-1
- Can be used during precipitation
- Switching between two voltage ranges using a switch
- Integrated audible signal for reliable voltage tests even in noisy ambient conditions
- Extremely strong LEDs in clear layout to prevent confusion
- Extensive self-test functions at switch-on
- Available separately for use with existing insulating poles
- Available complete with suitable insulating poles in any overall length or carrying length
- Nominal frequency 50 Hz
- Overall device length without insulating poles 345 mm
➡ See also – Voltage Detectors High Voltage
♦ When using voltage detectors to establish presence of operating voltages on MV-HV power cables or overhead lines there may be a requirement to apply field equipment earths, portable earthing, to equipment which is working adjacent to Live conductors to discharge any induced voltages.
Voltage detectors in the KP-Test 5 range provide dual indication of voltage i) Audible Signal ii) Visual Indication:
Pfisterer KP-Test 5L Dual
Voltage Detector Technical Specification
|Pfisterer Part Number||Nominal Voltage Level I Un (kV)||Nominal Voltage Level II Un (kV)||Suitable Bag||Suitable Case|
|930 210 501 0006||3-10||11-36||A4||K1|