3M Scotchcast Resin Pressure Method Cable Jointing Using Scotchcast 40 Resin
Scotchcast Resin 40
3M Scotchcast Resin 40 is a non-filled, 2 part polyurethane cable jointing resin for temperature curing – the Scotchcast Resin has been specifically designed for electrical insulation and mechanical protection of resin cable joints.
The 3M Scotchcast 40 Resin is classified as LIW (low voltage insulation water curable) according Cenelec HD 631.1 S2 Standard. Once cured, the resin provides impact resistance and durability against moisture and atmospheric corrosion. Continuous operating temperature of installed product is -40°C to + 110°C.
3M Scotchcast Resin 40 provides mechanical protection and electrical insulation of low voltage electrical joints installed for indoor and outdoor, underground and submerged applications. When used in conjunction with resin pressure method components the cable joints can be completed in any shape and size including straight or branch configurations up to 3.3kV as well as cable repairs.
3M Scotchcast Resin 40 is supplied in two-chamber plastic pouches with peelable barrier in the correct stoichiometric proportion. This type of packaging will assure the correct
mixing ratio for applying the resin. The resin (once mixed within the pouch) is inserted into the resin pressure delivery gun for injection directly into the cable joint.
3M Scotchcast Resin – 40 Resin
- Versatile – suitable for many cable types and applications
- Finished cable joint dimension is smaller than conventional methods
- Insulation thickness on the sheath and armour is easily controlled
- Job is complete once the resin is injected, and can be immediately energised
- Suitable for vertical or overhead scotchcast resin joints when resin pouring is not practical or possible
- Safe and easy resin delivery
- Compatible with mechanical or compression connectors
- Compatible with 3M armour and earth connection components
- Water resistant
- Mechanically strong
- Particularly suitable for emergency joints when the cable type and size is not known in advance
3M Scotchcast Resin 40 Storage
3M Scotchcast Resin 40 has a shelf life of at least 36 months when stored between 10°C and 40°C with a humidity level < 75 % in the originally sealed bag.The expiration date of the product appears on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case it is the responsibility of the user to determine applicability of the resin.