CATU CZ-55-R MV HV 33kV / 36kV Substation Life Saving Kits (Wall Mounted)
CATU CZ-55-R is a wall mounted substation life saving kit that can be used in the event of an electrical incident or accident in MV-HV substations – suitable for electrical intervention in 33kV and 36kV substations.
Typically wall mounted in 33kV/36kV high voltage substations the CATU CZ55R life saving electrical safety equipment manufactured by CATU Electrical is for use in assisting victims in the event of an electrical hazard or electrocution.
- Manufacturer: CATU Electrical
- Order Code: CZ-55-R
- Installation Instructions: English | French | Spanish | Arabic
CATU CZ-55-R Kit
Life Saving Kits
The CATU Electrical CZ-55-R electrical safety kit comprises the following contents:
- Insulated cable cutter – blades with a maximum opening of 30mm (CATU CZ-60)
- Wall mounted cabinet
- Pair of insulating boots (CATU MV-137-45)
- Voltage detector with flexible antenna contact (with autotest) (M952170)
- Telescopic rescue stick or pole up to 45kV (CATU M952170)
- Safety instructions on plastic board (CG-3-10-NR/CZ-54)
- High voltage insulating gloves, insulating boots and talcum powder can (CATU CG-4-10-NR/CZ-55) – (CATU CG-3-10-NR/CZ-54)
- Insulating platform 24kV or 36kV (CATU CT-7-25/1)
- Instructions in English
- See portable version CATU CZ-53-R
CATU CZ55R include class 4 insulating gloves suitable for 33kV/36kV safe working.
Life saving kits are available also for 33kV high voltage substations – this includes portable version CATU CZ-53-R/2 and CATU CZ-55-RM wall mounted type for 33/36kV substations. The CATU CZ-55-R product is stocked in the UK by Thorne & Derrick.
MV HV 33kV 36kV Substations
- Part Number – CATU Electrical CZ-55-R
- Voltage – 33kV 36kV
- Dimensions – 840mm x 754mm x 270mm
- Weight – 21kg
- Call T&D To Discuss 11kV 33kV Substation Equipment
- For optimum electrical protection all MV HV insulating components should be used (stool, gloves, pole)
- The 33kV voltage detector only works with AC power (no voltage detection is possible when using MV HV type DC installations)
- Always check the substation equipment integrity and condition prior to use, especially insulating gloves
- Before and after checking to ensure that no MV HV voltage is present, always check current installation operation
- The above safety check should be performed in contact with bare conductive parts
- Never cut a number of cable phases at the same time using the insulated cable cutters
➡ An overview of the full range of CATU Substation Life Saving Kits:
|CATU Order Code||Products Description||Maximum Voltage||Physical Dimensions||Weight|
|CZ-53-R||Portable Life Saving Kit | English Instructions||25kV||710mm x 510mm x 240mm||21kg|
|CZ-53-MR||Portable Life Saving Kit | English / Arabic Instructions||25kV||710mm x 510mm x 240mm||21kg|
|CZ-53-R/2||Portable Life Saving Kit | English Instructions||36kV||710mm x 510mm x 240mm||21kg|
|CZ-53-MR/2||Portable Life Saving Kit | English / Arabic Instructions||36kV||710mm x 510mm x 240mm||21kg|
|CZ-54-RM||Wall Mounted Life Saving Kit | English / Arabic Instructions||24kV||840mm x 754mm x 270mm||21kg|
|CZ-55-R||Wall Mounted Life Saving Kit | English Instructions||36kV||840mm x 754mm x 270mm||21kg|
|CZ-55-RM||Wall Mounted Life Saving Kit | English / Arabic Instructions||36kV||840mm x 754mm x 270mm||21kg|
Installing CATU CZ55R
To facilitate wall mounting of CATU CZ55 kits it is recommended to initially empty the cabinet of all components.
Mount the angle brackets on the wall of the high voltage substation taking care to match the precise distance of 600mm between brackets (using two screws per bracket).
Place the cabinet onto the angle brackets and clip the two pressure mounted plastic clips into place.
With the CATU CZ55 cabinet still on the wall drill the wall through the two holes located in the base of the cabinet – press the wall plugs in and screw in the two screws after inserting the washers.
Stow the electrical safety component parts in the cabinet using the Velcro strips for boots, cable cutter and stool. Extend the insulating pole and mount the voltage detector. Clip the pole into the location provided. Check that the detector operates properly (press the red button for test purposes) – for specialist technical support on electrical safety when working in 33kV/36kV substations please contact us.
MV HV Substation Electrical Equipment
T&D supply an extensive range of Medium & High Voltage Electrical Equipment to enable the transmission and distribution of 11kV, 33kV and 66kV – this includes cold shrink, heat shrink, push-on and plug-in cable joints and terminations used to connect MV-HV cables to switchgear and transformers. T&D stock the full range of CATU Electrical Safety Equipment including insulating gloves, voltage detectors, portable earth kits and arc flash protection for medium and high voltage electrical protection.