Cembre PO7000 Pump | Hydraulic Foot Pump Use With Cembre Crimping & Cutting Tools
The PO7000 pump is supplied with 10 foot long high pressure flexible hose complete with an automatic, female, quick-coupler suitable for connection to a Cembre hydraulic crimping or cutting head. The flexible hose is designed for high-pressure operation and should not be tightly bent, knotted, kinked or squashed.
Note: High pressure flexible hoses are subject to a natural ageing process which can result in a reduction in performance potentially affecting safety of the operator and functionality of the hydraulic pump. In order to ensure safe use of the PO7000, Cembre recommends replacing the hose within 10 years from the date printed on the tool fittings. Pumps in the PO7000 range are supplied with a standard or non-conductive hose.
Different hose lengths are available on request. A variety of hydraulic couplers are also available.
Pressure can be withdrawn at any time during operation by depressing the release lever. A solid shaped stand gives the PO7000 pump stability during operation foruse when jointing and termination of LV MV HV cables.
The Cembre PO7000 has a two speed operation: the first is a low pressure for rapid approach with the ability to automatically switch to the second high pressure stage for cable crimping or cutting.
Hydraulic Pump User Instructions
- Place the PO7000 pump on a flat surface with the whole of the base resting on the ground – provides stability for the hydraulic pump during operation
- Before operating the foot pump ensure that the coupler on the head is securely fitted to the coupler on the hose
- Open the latch (11) to release the spring-loaded pedal (40) and commence operation by pumping the pedal (9)
- Continue pumping until the crimping, cutting or punching operation is complete
♦ For crimping heads it is recommended to continue pumping until the maximum pressure valve is actived and a “click” is heard.
How to Operate The Cembre PO7000 Foot Pump
|Cembre PO7000 Hydraulic Pump Specification|
|Oil Reservoir Capacity||1000cm³|
|Nominal Pressure Of Hydraulic Cutting Head||700 bar (10,000 psi)|
Some Fault Diagnosis Tips
Problem: Foot pump builds up pressure, but the ram of the connected head doesn’t advance.
Solution: Make sure that the quick coupler between tool head and flexible hose is properly locked
Problem: Each action of the pedal makes the ram, of the connected head move but it retracts immediately after
Solution: Eliminate air bubbles and residues inside the hydraulic circuit (See 4.1 in Operating Instructions)
Problem: Dies or blades of the connected tool head do not close completely, and therefore compression, cutting or punching operation is not possible
Solution: Check oil level and top up if necessary as described at point (See 4.1 in Operating Instructions)
Problem: The maximum pressure relief valve operates before the dies or the blades have fully completed the operation
Solution: Check the correct setting of the valve with the special gauge Cembre MPC1
How to Top Up Oil
- Raise the end of the foot pump to help air expulsion and to ease filling the reservoir
- Release the pedal (9) from the latch (11) to more easily reach the reservoir cap
- Unscrew the reservoir cap and top up the oil level until the hole is reached
- Replace the cap on the foot pump
Note: Always use clean recommended oil never old or recycled oil. Do NOT use hydraulic brake fluid.
Cleaning & Storage Of The Cembre PO7000
The Cembre PO700 pump is robust and requires limited daily maintenance. Ensure optimum performance following and complying to the following actions:
- Clean the tool thoroughly as dust, sand and dirt are a danger for any hydraulic tool or device
- After every use clean the hydraulic PO7000 pump with a clean cloth removing all residue especially close to pivots and moveable parts
- Ensure the pump is stored and transport in a plastic case to prevent damage
- Cembre PO700 pump is supplied with VAL-P21 plastic case
Care should be taken when using and operating the Cembre PO7000 – some general advice is provided here however should you have any additional queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Keep the hydraulic pump and flexible hose away from naked flames and sources of heat above 70°C
- The factory fitted spring steel, spiral guards must be in place at each end of the flexible hose
- Do not touch the flexible hose when the pump is under pressure
- When using the PO7000 pump the flexible hose must be uncoiled and laid out straight
- Before connecting or disconnecting the couplings, check that the oil pressure is zero
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.