Cembre CPP-0 Pump | Hydraulic Pump Use With Cembre Crimping & Cutting Tools
Cembre CPP-0 Pump
Cembre CPP-0 pump is an air hydraulic pump unit intensifies an air supply of 6÷8 bar (87-115 psi) to a power crimping or cutting force of up to 700 bar (10.000 psi) depending upon the input pressure for installing cable crimps, lugs and connectors.
The CPP-0 pump is delivered complete with a high pressure flexible hose with a “self-lock” female quick coupler suitable for connection to a Cembre hydraulic crimping tools or hydraulic cutting tools.
The hydraulic pump is provided with max pressure valve; MPC1 special manometer is available upon request to check the proper setting of the valve.
Hydraulic Pump User Instructions
- Place the CPP-0 pump on a flat surface with the whole of the base resting on the ground – provides stability for the hydraulic pump during operation. The ambient working temperature must not exceed 50 C° (120° F) and the environment must be free from corrosive chemicals, oils and greases
- Before tool operation ensure that the air pressure is between 6 and 8 bar (87 =115 psi)
- Press the pedal on “PUMP” side to commence the build up of pressure and continue until completion of the operation (dies closing in case of compression head; full cable cut in case of cutting head; etc)
- To release oil pressure in the pump circuit (and therefore reset the head or blade in the rest position) depress pedal on “RELEASE” side
- To halt the operation at any stage, or to stop the pump and maintain the oil pressure, release pedal
♦ For crimping heads it is recommended to continue pumping until the maximum pressure valve is actived and a “click” is heard.
How to Operate The Cembre CPP-0 Foot Pump
|Cembre CPP-0 Hydraulic Pump Specification|
|Oil Reservoir Capacity||1400cm³|
|High Pressure Flexible Hose Length||2m|
|Air Pressure||6 ÷ 8 bar (87÷115psi)|
|Nominal Pressure Of Hydraulic Cutting Head||700 bar (10,000 psi)|
Some Fault Diagnosis Tips
Problem: Pump starts but oil pressure will not build up.
Solution: Check oil level in reservoir.
Problem: Ram in tool head advances slowly.
Solution: Purge air from system. Vent the reservoir by screw.
Problem: Pump will not build up to maximum pressure and the cutting/crimping operation is incomplete.
Solution: Check oil level in reservoir. Check that the air pressure is between 6 – 8 bar (87 =115 psi), in order to achieve maximum oil pressure.
How to Top Up Oil
- Keep the pump on a flat surface
- Unscrew the reservoir cap and top up the oil, until the hole is reached
- Tighten the reservoir cap
Cleaning & Storage Of The Cembre CPP-0
The Cembre CPP-0 pump is robust and requires limited daily maintenance. Ensure optimum performance following and complying to the following actions:
- Clean the tool thoroughly as dust, sand and dirt are a danger for any hydraulic tool or device
- Avoid placing the pump on muddy or dusty ground
- After the completion of the work, release the oil pressure and disconnect the air supply
- Coil the hose around the casing and cover the pump, to protect from dust
- After every use clean the hydraulic CPP-0 pump with a clean cloth removing all residue especially close to pivots and moveable parts
- Ensure the pump is suitably protected and stored to prevent damage
Care should be taken when using and operating the Cembre CPP-0 – some general advice is provided here however should you have any additional queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Flexible hose is suitable for high operating pressure but when operating it should not be tightly bent, knotted, kinked or squashed
- The hose must be kept straight in order to avoid any kinking
- To improve oil delivery and increase usable oil capacity it is important to vent the reservoir by the screw on the filler plug
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.