Flexible Cable Repair & Jointing – 3M Resin
3M Resin Flexible Cable Repair & Jointing Kits are an adjustable cold pour resin system for the permanent jointing and cable repair of single or multi-core power cables.
The 3M Scotchcast Resin bonds attach securely to the cable sheath providing a permanent joint or repair with a tight seal. This seal won’t tear or come loose after installation.
The cable joints can be used to joint or repair frequently coiled power cables and are tough enough to use in weather exposed, direct burial or submerged locations.
Three kit sizes are available enabling repairs to be made on cable ranging from 40mm O/D to 150mm O/D.
3M 2131 Flexible Resin is suitable for use with these joint kits.
Flexible Cable Repair & Jointing – 3M Resin Features
- Simple installation – no workshop needed
- Non-vulcanising cable repair and cable jointing – no costly equipment needed
- Drastic reduction in cable repair time – compared to vulcanising
- No heat shrinking required – safer system, no permit for hot work required
- High performance – repaired/jointed section can be reeled without sagging
- Permanent – both electrically and mechanically
- No end lifting – bonds to all modern cable sheath materials such as neoprene, polychoroprene and nitrile/PVC even PVC, EPR and hypalon
- Abrasion resistant – equivalent to vulcanising
- Weather resistant – over a wide temperature range
- Flame retardant 3M Resin
Pictured: 3M Scotchcast cable repair products are used extensively for repairing flexible cables in the mining, rail and port authority sector this includes cables for the long travel of cranes, container handling equipment and ship loaders/un-loaders, this includes Protolon cables operating at medium/high voltages.
Flexible Cable Repair & Jointing – 3M Resin Kits
|3M Resin Kit Part No||Cable Size Dia||Max Length of Cable Joint/Repair (mm)||Mould Length (mm)||Quantity of Resin Needed for Joint (grammes)|
|Min (mm)||Max (mm)|
|Scotchcast M20||40||63||360||510||1200 (2xC size packs)|
|Scotchcast M30||47||100||520||740||2220 (3 x C and 2 x B size packs)|
|Scotchcast M40||27||150||813||1118||3600 (6 x C size packs)|
Flexible Cable Repairs & Joints For Crane Grabs
Flexible and reeling cables are subject to frequent coiling movement and high mechanical strain – therefore any cable repair solution should replicate the properties of that cable so as not to compromise operational efficiency.
The 3M Scotchcast M flexible cable joint repair kits are suitable for the repair of flexible reeling crane cables which pass over guide pulleys and drums especially in the container handling and port authority industry. This includes repairs to Cordaflex flexible and reeling cables on mobile equipment such as ship loaders, gantry cranes, stackers, reclaimers, inclinators, hoists and spreader cranes.
Typical Grabbing Cranes – Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHC’s)
- Multi purpose cranes for bulk handling, break bulk, container handling
- Floating cranes
- Barge or pontoon mounted cranes
- Slewing cranes (jib cranes)
- Fixed or rail mounted cranes with a single jib or double jib (level luffing)
- Ship unloaders (gantry cranes)
- Unloaders are normally used for handling very large volumes of bulk materials
➡ Should you require customer service or technical support on the selection or specification of LV MV HV Cable Accessories please contact us – view the full range of 3M Resin Kits below.