Roxtec C RS T Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec C RS T Cable Transit Frame is designed to make installation of pre terminated cables or pipes easy, such as in cabinet walls and other types of similar structures – the Roxtec cable seal consists of a threaded sleeve with gasket, a counter nut and a round C RS Seal for a single cable or pipe and is available in four different sizes sealing single cables and pipes from 3.6mm to 30mm.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec C RS T Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec C RS T cable transit frames:
1. Make a hole for the sleeve, according to the rec. hole cut
2. Insert the sleeve. Make sure the rubber gasket is in place
3. Fit the nut from inside, tighten and fasten the sleeve
4. Insert the cable/pipe through the sleeve
5. Adapt the seal to the cable/pipe by peeling off layers from the halves until you reach the gap seen in pic.6. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
6. Try to achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
7. Lubricate thoroughly on the inside surfaces and sparsely on the outside of the seal with Roxtec Lubricant
8. Place the seal around the cable and insert it into the sleeve
9. Tighten the screws crosswise. The seal will compress and seal the transit