Roxtec CF 16 EX Hazardous Area Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec CF 16 Ex cable transit frames have a very low profile and are suitable for enclosures where many cables need to routed in areas with a limited space – the Roxtec frame has integrated compression and can accommodate up to 30 cables. The CF 16 Ex are approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous area locations.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec CF 16 EX Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec CF 16 EX cable transit frames in hazardous area locations:
- 1. Insert the back plate from the installation side.
- 2. Fix the back plate with the two cross slotted screws.
- 3. Thoroughly lubricate the compression gasket with Roxtec Lubricant.
- 4. Place the compression gasket from the installation side.
- 5. Fix the main cable transit frame parts loosely over the compression gasket with the torx screws.
- 6. Insert the cables through the transit frame.
- 7. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 8. The halves may not differ by more than one layer.
- 8. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe. Use the Ex Gap Gauge.
- 9a. Measure the gap with the Ex Gap Gauge by holding blade one in one gap and checking the other with blade two.
- 9b. If the gap is too big, the gauge will slip in easily.
- 9c. If the gap is correct, there will be no room for blade two.
- 10. When checking without the gauge, there shall be a visual gap.
- 11. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces.
- 12. Note that cables shall go straight through the frame.
- 13. Insert the modules from the installation side.
- 14. Tighten the torx screws when all modules are in place. Always start with the short sides. Minimum 8 Nm.