Roxtec B Bolted Ex Hazardous Area Cable Transit Frames
Roxtec B Bolted Ex cable transit frames are a metal frame with a flange – the Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. The B Bolted Ex cable transit frame is approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous area locations.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec B Bolted Ex Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec B Bolted Ex hazardous area cable transit frames:
- 1. Remove the protective foil from the sealing strip on every shortside.
- 2. Assemble the frame by inserting the bolts and tightening the nuts. The frame can easily be assembled around already routed cables or pipes.
- 3. Mark a rectangular opening according to cable transit frame type.
- 4. Use the Roxtec frame as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Drill Ø = 8.5 mm.
- 5. Attach the frame to the cabinet/wall using bolts and nuts (not included). Place the gasket between the frame and the cabinet/structure. Use the enclosed glue on both splices to assemble the openable gasket. Consider glue instructions for safe use.
- 6. Minimum quality.
- 7. Note: Tighten the screws to minimum 8 Nm.