Roxtec CF 8/32 Ex Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec CF 8/32 EX cable transit frames are cast aluminium frames which are suitable for compact installations in cabinets – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-terminated cables and pipes in one opening. The transit frames are approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous locations.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec CF 8/32 Ex Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec CF 8/32 Ex cable transit frames in potentially explosive atmospheres:
- 1. Insert the CF frame from the outside.
- 2. Insert the counter frame from the inside.
- 3. Fasten the hexagon nuts on the backside.
- 4. Clean the inside of the frame.
- 5. Lubricate the inside faces of the frame. Make sure to get lubricant into the corners.
- 6. Insert the cables through the frame.
- 7. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling off layers. The halves may not differ by more than one layer.
- 8. Try to achieve a 0.1–1 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe. Use the Ex Gap Gauge.
- 9a. Measure the gap with the Ex Gap Gauge by holding blade one in one gap and checking the other with blade two.
- 9b. If the gap is too big, the gauge will slip in easily.
- 9c. If the gap is correct, there will be no room for blade two.
- 10. When checking without the gauge, there shall be a visual gap.
- 11. Lubricate the modules thoroughly with Roxtec Lubricant, both the inside and outside faces.
- 12. Note that cables shall go straight through the frame.
- 13. Insert the modules from the inside of the cabinet.
- 14. Tighten the compression unit. Minimum 8 Nm.