Roxtec CF 16 EMC Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec CF 16 EMC cable transit frames are a compact frame with built-in compression – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-routed cables and pipes as well as for retrofit.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec CF 16 EMC Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec CF 16 EMC cable transit frames:
- 1. Ensure good electric conductivity between the EMC plate and the structure. Clean the surface around the opening from inside and remove paint if necessary.
- 2a. Feed the cable through the compression rubber and front plate. Install the back plate and the EMC plate inside the cabinet.
- 2b. Install the back plate and the EMC plate around the cables inside the cabinet.
- 3. On the cable, mark where to remove outer jacket and armor (min 25 mm).
- 4. Remove the outer jacket to uncover the conductive surface. Remove any protection tape or plastic.
- 5. Insert the Roxtec modules from the outside of the cabinet.
- Fig 6. Cable and module position in the frame. Cable shall be installed so that eventual extra exposed cable screen runs into the cabinet.
- 6. Fit the compression gasket around the cables by using the pre-opened long side.
- 7. Thoroughly lubricate the compression rubber on both outside and inside surfaces with Roxtec Lubricant.
- 8. Position the compression rubber on the Roxtec sealing modules.
- 9. Position the front plate on the compression rubber.
- 10. Tighten the torx screws alternately when compression rubber is in place. Always start with the short sides. Recommended torque 8-10 Nm.