Roxtec CRL Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec CRL Cable Transit Frame is designed to allow different sized cables through the same opening and engineered for simplicity and reliability – the Roxtec cable seal consists of ready-made kits with packages that guarantees that the installers always have the right product on site. Kits are available in two sizes, 4″ and 5″. Four different cable configurations are available in each size. Configurations handle from 1 to 9 cables.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec CRL Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec CRL cable transit frames:
1. Lubricate the Roxtec CRL frame sparsely on the outside black rubber part with Roxtec Assembly Gel
2. Lubricate the inside faces of the cable transit frame thoroughly, especially into the corners
3. Insert the transit frame into the sleeve opening
4. Loosen the nuts and push the front fittings to the sides
5a. Adapt the seal to the cable/pipe by peeling off layers from the halves until you reach the gap seen in pic.6. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
5b. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
6. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces
7. Insert the modules in the cable transit frame
8. Push the front fittings back towards the centre
9. Tighten the nuts. Max torque is 2 Nm/1.48 lbf·ft
10. Excess Assembly Gel will protrude when tightening the seal
11. The Roxtec CRL cable transit frame installation is complete