Roxtec B Cable Transit Frames
Roxtec B cable transit frames are a flanged, bolted together metal frame – the Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Roxtec Cable transit Frame Assembly
Should you require any assistance with the specification or design of Roxtec B Cable Transit Frames please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Remove the protective foil from the sealing strip on every short side.
- Assemble the frame by inserting the bolts and tighten the nuts. The frame can easily be assembled around already routed cables or pipes.
Installing Roxtec B Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec B cable transit frames:
- Mark a rectangular opening according to transit frame type
- Use the Roxtec transit frame as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Hole in flange Ø = 9 mm (0.354”)
- Attach the frame to the cabinet/ wall using bolts and nuts. An optional rubber gasket can be placed between transit frame and cabinet/wall
- Tighten the screws
- 1. Remove any dirt inside the cable transit frame
- 2. Lubricate the inside surfaces of the transit frame with Roxtec Lubricant, especially into the corners
- 3. Adapt Roxtec sealing modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 3
- 4. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe to be sealed
- 5. Lubricate all sealing modules for the transit frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces
- 6. Insert the modules according to your installation plan (transit plan). Usually start with the largest modules
- 7. Insert a stayplate on top of the finished row of modules
- 8. Before inserting the final row of cable sealing modules, insert two stayplates
- 9. Separate the two stayplates and insert the final row of modules between the stayplates
- 10. Drop the upper stayplate on top of the modules
- 11. Lubricate all sides of the wedge sparsely, except front and back. Please read the markings on the wedge and turn it correctly before inserting it in the top of the frame (standard position). Face with “Stayplate this side” must always face a stayplate
- 12. Tighten the screws until full stop, approx. 20 Nm (15 ft.lb.)
- 13. Attach the Roxtec Wedge Clip to the wedge bolts to check that the wedge has been properly tightened
- 14. Optional wedge positions (anywhere within the cable transit frame)
- 15. Stayplate Clips (D) and Stayplate Clamps (E) can be used to simplify horizontal assembly