Roxtec CF 16 Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec CF 16 cable transit frames have a low-profile metal frame with an integrated compression unit within the frame – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-routed cables and pipes as well as for retrofit.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec CF 16 Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec CF 16 cable transit frames:
- 1. Insert the back plate halves from the installation side.
- 2. Fix the halves with the two cross-slotted screws.
- 3. Lubricate thoroughly the compression rubber with Roxtec Lubricant.
- 4. Fit the compression rubber around the cables by using the pre-opened long side.
- 5. Place the compression rubber from the outside of the cabinet.
- 6. Fix the front plate parts loosely over the compression rubber with the torx screws.
- 7. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 8. The halves may not differ by more than one layer.
- 8. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe.
- 9. Lubricate all modules thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces.
- 10. Insert the modules from the installation side.
- 11. Tighten the torx screws when all modules are in place. Always start with the short sides. Minimum 8 Nm.