Roxtec ComPlus Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec ComPlus cable transit frames are a lightweight composite frame with flange and knock-out covers – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-terminated cables and pipes in one opening.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec ComPlus Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec ComPlus cable transit frames:
- 1. Cut a hole in the cabinet/wall according to the picture above.
- 2. To assemble, remove all protective tape from gaskets and fit two frame sections together. To add openings, just add frame mid-sections.
- 3. Knock the clips in place.
- 4. Attach to wall using (self-tapping) screws or rivets. Recommended screw dim. ST 5.5.
- 5. Knock-out the protective cover from the front to prepare the frame for installation.
- We recommend the use of eye protectors. Make sure that no one is injured and that no equipment is damaged by the pieces which will break free from the frame when the protective cover is being knocked out.
- 1. Lubricate the inside surfaces of the frame with Roxtec Assembly Gel, especially into the corners.
- 2. Adapt modules, which are to hold cables or pipes, by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 3. The halves may not differ by more than one layer.
- 3. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe.
- 4. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces.
- 5. Insert the modules according to your installation plan (transit plan). It is recommended to seal cables / pipes at the bottom of the frame and put spare modules on top.
- 6. Insert a stayplate on top of every finished row of modules.
- 7. Before inserting the final row of modules, insert two stayplates.
- 8. Separate the two stayplates and insert the final row of modules between the stayplates.
- 9. Drop the upper stayplate on top of the modules.
- 10. Lubricate all sides of the wedge sparsely, except front and back. Please read the markings on the wedge and turn it correctly before inserting it in the top of the frame (standard position). Face with “Stayplate this side” must always face a stayplate.
- 11. Tighten the screws until full stop, approx. 20 Nm (15 ft.lb.).
- 12. Attach the Wedge Clip to the wedge bolts to check that the wedge is properly tightened.