66kV Surge Arrester Nexans Euromold 900SA-CD – Interface F
Euromold 900SA-CD is a 66kV surge arrester specified to protect HV cables terminated into substations and connecting high voltage cables.
Euromold R900SA-CD surge arrester can be supplied as a tee connector (R909TB) as a coupling connector (R909PB) or as plug-in type epoxy bushings – all suitable for use with Interface F type bushings on SF6 gas-insulated switchgear and 66kV electrical equipment.
66kV connector accessories include: dead-end receptacle, dead-end plug, stand-off plug and earthing plug for type F bushing interfaces.
- Manufacturer – Nexans Euromold
- MV HV Equipment Bushing Connector – Interface F 66kV Cable Connectors
- Nominal Discharge Current – 10A (Amps)
- Voltage Classes – 66kV 72.5kV Maximum
- Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage – 59.2kV
- Rated Short-Circuit Current – 20kA, 31.5kA
- Surge Arrester Suits – Polymeric XLPE EPR
- Applications – 66kV Switchgear, Transformers, Motors
➡ See complete range of Nexans Euromold Connectors
EUROMOLD 900SA-CD Specification
Surge arrester comprising:
- Type F interface ref. CENELEC EN 50180 and 50181
- Bus for 909PB/G (contact rod and stud)
- Conductive EPDM insert
- Metal oxide valve elements
- Conductive EPDM jacket
- Insulating EPDM layer moulded between the insert and the jacket
- Steel cap
- Earthing connection
- Earthing lead
The thick conductive EPDM jacket provides a safe to touch screen which ensures safety for personnel, cables and electrical equipment in medium/high voltage installations.
66kV Surge Arresters
To order the correct surge arrester for up to 66kV power distribution systems please refer to the information below. Surge arresters provide lightning protection for MV-HV power systems installed within gas insulated substations operating at 66kV.
SELECTION TABLE FOR High Voltage surge arresters
|Euromold Surge Arrester Type||Nominal Discharge Current ln (kA)||Rated voltage Ur (kV)||Max continuous operating voltage Uc (kV)||I sc Rated Short-Circuit Current (kA, 0.2s)|
The complete 900SA-CD surge arrester kit comprises the following components – cable lubricant, nylon vent rod, gloves, wiper, contact rod and stud and installation instructions.
Why Install Surge Arresters?
Surge arresters provide primary circuit protection to MV-HV cable and power systems against high voltage surges caused by atmospheric (lightning) and switching over voltages. Nexans medium and high voltage surge arresters protect substation switchgear (both air and SF6 gas insulated type), transformers, cables, overhead transmission lines and capacitors. Protection levels include 6.6kV, 11kV and 33kV (up to 66kV) – call to discuss your requirements.