AAC/TW Overhead line conductors
- All Aluminium Conductor
- Trapezoidal Shaped Conductors
AAC/TW used as a bare overhead conductor. There are two designs of AAC/TW. One design gives an equal area of aluminium when compared to the standard AAC conductor sizes. The other design is conductor with overall outside diameters that are in fixed-increments.
Use of this conductor in the equal area design allows comparable ampacity in a smaller diameter conductor when compared with standard AAC conductor. Use of this conductor in the fixed-increment diameter design allows more ampacity in an equal diameter conductor when compared with standard AAC conductor.
Bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
- B230 Aluminium 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes
- B778 Shaped Wire Compact Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminium Conductors (AAC/TW).
AAC/tw Conductor Types
- Tulip, Canna, Cosmos, Zinnia, Mistletoe, Meadowsweet, Orchid, Verbena, Nasturtium, Arbutus, Cockscomb, Magnolia, Hawkweed, Bluebell, Marigold, Hawthorn, Narcissus, Columbine, Carnation, Coreopsis, Jessamine, Cowslip, Lupine, Trillium, Logan, Wheeler, Robson, McKinley, Rainier, Helens, Baker, Hood, Whitney, Powell, Jefferson, Shasta, Adams
♦ Information Courtesy Of Southwire Company USA – contact T&D for further information, technical support or quotations for Medium, High & Extra High Voltage Cables, Conductors and Installation Equipment. View full range of Overhead Line Conductors.
T&D supply Overhead Line Equipment to contractors and linemen support the installation of AAC/TW conductors:
- Portable Earthing & Short Circuiting Systems
- Voltage Detectors
- Conductor Line Cutters
- Overhead Line Tools
- Insulating Gloves – High Voltage Hand Protection
- Arc Flash Clothing Protection