ACSR/AW Overhead line conductor
- Aluminium Conductor
- Aluminium-Clad Steel Reinforced
ACSR/AW used as bare overhead transmission and as primary and secondary distribution cable. ACSR/AW offers strength characteristics similar to ACSR, along with slightly greater ampacity and resistance to corrosion due to aluminium-cladding of the steel core wires.
Bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
- B230 Aluminium 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes
- B502 Aluminium-Clad Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Aluminium Conductors.
- B549 Concentric-Lay Stranded Aluminium Conductors, Aluminium-Clad Steel Reinforced for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
ACSR/AW Conductor Types
- Swan, Swanate, Sparrow, Sparate, Robin, Raven, Quail, Pigeon, Penguin, Waxwing, Partridge, Ostrich, Merlin, Linnet, Oriole, Chickadee, Brant, Ibis, Lark, Pelican, Flicker, Hawk, Hen, Osprey, Parakeet, Dove, Eagle, Peacock, Squab, Teal, Kingbird, Rook, Grosbeak, Flamingo, Gannet, Starling, Redwing, Cuckoo, Drake, Tern, Condor, Mallard, Ruddy, Canary, Rail, Cardinal, Ortolan, Curlew, Bluejay, Pheasant, Bobolink, Lapwing, Grouse, Petrel, Minorca, Leghorn, Guinea, Dotterel, Dorking, Brahma, Cochin
♦ Information Courtesy Of Southwire Company USA – contact T&D for further information, technical support or quotations for Medium, High & Extra High Voltage Cables, Conductors and Installation Equipment. View full range of Overhead Line Conductors.
T&D supply Overhead Line Equipment to contractors and linemen support the installation of ACSR/AW conductors:
- Portable Earthing & Short Circuiting Systems
- Voltage Detectors
- Conductor Line Cutters
- Overhead Line Tools
- Insulating Gloves – High Voltage Hand Protection
- Arc Flash Clothing Protection