- Aluminium Conductor
- Aluminium Clad Steel Supported
ACSS/AW Overhead line conductor
ACSS/AW used for overhead distribution and transmission lines. It is designed to operate continuously at elevated temperatures up to 250°C without loss of strength; it sags less under emergency electrical loadings than ACSR/AW; it is self-damping if prestretched during installation; and its final sags are not affected by long term creep of aluminium.
The advantages make ACSS/AW especially useful in reconductoring applications requiring increased current with existing tensions and clearances, new line applications where structures can be economised because of reduced conductor sag, new line applications requiring high emergency loadings, and lines where aeolian vibration is a problem. ACSS/AW offers strength characteristics similar to ACSS, along with slightly greater ampacity and resistance to corrosion due to aluminium-cladding of the steel core wires.
Conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
- B609 Aluminum 1350 Round Wire, Annealed and Intermediate Tempers, for Electrical Purposes.
- B502 Aluminum-Clad Steel Core Wire for Aluminum conductors, Aluminum-Clad Steel Reinforced.
- B856 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated Steel Supported (ACSS).
ACSS/AW Conductor Types
- Junco, Ostrich, Linnet, Oriole, Brant, Ibis, Lark, Flicker, Hawk, Hen, Parakeet, Dove, Eagle, Peacock, Squab, Wood Duck, Teal, Rook, Grosbeak, Scoter, Egret, Flamingo, Gannet, Stilt, Starling, Redwing, Cuckoo, Drake, Macaw, Tern, Condor, Mallard, Ruddy, Canary, Rail, Towhee, Cardinal, Canvasback, Snowbird, Curlew, Bluejay, Finch, Bunting, Grackle, Bittern, Pheasant, Dipper, Martin, Bobolink, Plover, Nuthatch, Parrot, Lapwing, Falcon, Chukar, Mockingbird, Roadrunner, Bluebird, Kiwi, Thrasher, Joree
♦ Information Courtesy Of Southwire Company USA – contact T&D for further information, technical support or quotations for Medium, High & Extra High Voltage Cables, Conductors and Installation Equipment. View full range of Overhead Line Conductors.
T&D supply Overhead Line Equipment to contractors and linemen support the installation of ACSS/AW conductors:
- Portable Earthing & Short Circuiting Systems
- Voltage Detectors
- Conductor Line Cutters
- Overhead Line Tools
- Insulating Gloves – High Voltage Hand Protection
- Arc Flash Clothing Protection