ACAR Overhead line conductor
- Aluminium Conductor
- Aluminium Reinforced Reinforced
ACAR used as bare overhead transmission cable and as primary and secondary distribution cable. A good strength-to-weight ratio makes ACAR applicable where both ampacity and strength are prime considerations in line design; for equal weight, ACAR offers higher strength and ampacity than ACSR.
Bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
- B230 Aluminium 1350-H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes
- B398 Aluminium-Alloy 6201-T81 Wire for Electrical Purposes.
- B524 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminium Conductors, Aluminium-Alloy Reinforced (ACAR, 1350/6201).
♦ Information Courtesy Of Southwire Company USA – contact T&D for further information, technical support or quotations for Medium, High & Extra High Voltage Cables, Conductors and Installation Equipment. View full range of Overhead Line Conductors.
T&D supply Overhead Line Equipment to contractors and linemen support the installation of ACAR conductors:
- Portable Earthing & Short Circuiting Systems
- Voltage Detectors
- Conductor Line Cutters
- Overhead Line Tools
- Insulating Gloves – High Voltage Hand Protection
- Arc Flash Clothing Protection