ACSS Overhead line conductor
- Aluminium Conductor, Steel Supporter
ACSS used for overhead distribution and transmission lines. It is designed to operate continuously at elevated temperatures up to 250°C without loss of strength; it sags less than a comparable ACSR under electrical loadings; it is self-damping if pre-stretched during installation; and its final sags are not affected by long term creep of aluminium. The advantages make ACSS especially useful in reconductoring applications requiring increased current with existing tensions and clearances, new line applications where structures can be economized because of reduced conductor sag, new line applications requiring high emergency loadings, and lines where aeolian vibration is a problem.
Bare conductor meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
- B500 Metallic Coated Stranded Steel Core for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
- B609 Aluminium 1350 Round Wire, Annealed and Intermediate Tempers, for Electrical Purposes.
- B802 Zinc-5% Aluminium-Mischmetal Alloy-Coated Steel Core Wire for Aluminium Conductors, Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
- B803 High-Strength Zinc-5% Aluminium Mischmetal Alloy-Coated Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
- B856 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminium Conductors, Coated Steel Supported (ACSS).
- B958 Extra-High-Strength and Ultra-High-Strength Class A Zinc-5% Aluminium-Mischmetal Alloy-Coated Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors.
ACSS Conductor Types
- Partridge, Junco, Ostrich, Linnet, Oriole, Brant, Ibis, Lark, Flicker, Hawk, Hen, Parakeet, Dove, Eagle, Peacock, Squab, Wood Duck, Teal, Rook, Grosbeak, Scoter, Egret, Flamingo, Gannet, Stilt, Starling, Redwing, Cuckoo, Drake, Macaw, Tern, Condor, Mallard, Ruddy, Canary, Redbird, Rail, Towhee, Cardinal, Canvasback, Snowbird, Ortolan, Curlew, Bluejay, Finch, Bunting, Bittern, Pheasant, Dipper, Martin, Bobolink, Plover, Nuthatch, Parrot, Ratite, Lapwing, Falcon, Chukar, Mockingbird, Roadrunner, Bluebird, Kiwi, Thrasher, Joree.
♦ Information Courtesy Of Southwire Company USA – contact T&D for further information, technical support or quotations for Medium, High & Extra High Voltage Cables, Conductors and Installation Equipment. View full range of Overhead Line Conductors.
T&D supply Overhead Line Equipment to contractors and linemen support the installation of ACSS conductors:
- Portable Earthing & Short Circuiting Systems
- Voltage Detectors
- Conductor Line Cutters
- Overhead Line Tools
- Insulating Gloves – High Voltage Hand Protection
- Arc Flash Clothing Protection