Cembre B54MD-D6E Battery Crimping Tool (up to 300MCM cables)
The head rotates by 180º for ease of use within confined spaces and has a robust moulded body which is highly resistance to damage. Additionally the crimping tool is extremely quiet with minimal vibration.
The B54MD-D6E battery crimping tool is fitted with a maximum pressure valve and an Li-Ion 18.0V 2.0Ah high power battery which has LED indicators to display the remaining battery charge.
Cembre’s B54MD-D6E crimping tool is fitted as standard with an interchangeable crimping jaw – CDD6 with “D3” groove to accept all “W” style crimping dies + “BG” fixed groove and is supplied with a spare battery, battery charger and plastic carrying case.
18 volt cordless hydraulic crimping tool available with wrist strap, spare battery, battery charger, battery adapter and a plastic carrying case for storing the tool and accessories.
Cembre B54MD-D6E crimping tool
- Crimping force: 54kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 340 bar (4,900 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 458mm, Width 133mm, Height 81mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 2.95kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 22 or ESSO INVAROL EP22 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre B54MD-D6E tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool.
- Dimensions 465x315x116 mm
B54MD-D6E Crimping Tool Main Applications
|Copper lugs and splices||Aluminum lugs and splices||Aluminum H taps|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Height||Width||Weight|
Cembre B54MD-D6E Battery Crimping Tool
- The Cembre B54MD-D6E tool can be held in one hand while positioning the connector with the other. Residual battery capacity level is automatically displayed after every cycle. Residual battery capacity level is automatically displayed after every cycle.
- With the B54MD-D6E battery crimping tool in the rest position (the ram fully retracted) proceed as follows:
- Select the appropriate groove or die set for the connector to be crimped
- Insert the dies into the jaws of the tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector
- Grip the crimping tool firmly and comfortably and position the connector in the die groove and ensure the correct location of the crimp.
- Press operating button to activate the motor pump and advance the lower die. To halt the advancement, release the operating button and the motor will cut out.
- Make sure the Cembre dies are exactly positioned on the desired crimp point otherwise re-open dies and reposition the connector.
- By keeping the operating button pressed, the motor continues to operate: the ram will gradually move forward until the two dies touch. It is recommended to keep operating until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard.
Release of Dies
- Press the pressure release button, the ram will retract and open the jaws on the Cembre B54MD-D6 tool.
- For ease of operation the tool head can rotate through 180º, allowing the operator to work in the most comfortable position.
- Warning: Do not attempt to rotate the crimp tool head when the hydraulic circuit is pressurised.
- The Cembre battery is equipped with LED indicators that indicate the remaining battery life at any time by pressing the adjacent button.
- 4 LEDs illuminated: Fully charged
- 2 LEDs illuminated: 50% capacity
- 1 LED flashing: Minimum charge, replace the battery.
Insertion / Replacement of Battery
- To replace the tool battery, remove it by pressing the release button, then insert the new battery, sliding it into the guides until it locks.
“W” Style Crimping Dies Assembles
- Press pins and insert “W” dies into their seats.
- To disassemble them simply press the pins and slip from the jaws.
The Cembre tool is supplied with the interchangeable CDD 6 jaw. Other types of jaw can also be supplied separately, for replacement proceed as follows:
- Push and turn clockwise the locking pin so that the jaws are released.
- Slide the jaws out of the top of the tool and insert the new ones.
- Fully insert the locking pin into the tool and lock it by turning clockwise until the red lines are aligned.
Cembre B54MD-D6E Battery Crimping Tool
Interchangeable Crimping Jaws
|Cembre Battery Crimping Tool Part Number||Grooves||Crimping Die Compatibility|
|CDD6||“D3” to accept all “W” style crimping dies + “BG” fixed groove||FCI Burndy||W, X Series|
|Green Lee||KD6 Series|
|CDD6-8||“D3” to accept all “W” style crimping dies + “O” fixed groove||Huskie||HT-58 Series|
|CMB1||Cutting jaws for one time disposable lock hasps; 4 AWG Alumoweld; ACSR 4/10|
|CMB2||Cutting jaws for #8 Copperweld; 4/0 Cu; 336 MCM Aluminium; 477 MCM ACSR (Str.26/7)|
|CMB3||Cutting jaws for 1/4″ Guy Wire; 5/16″ Guy Wire|
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
The Cembre B54MD-D6E cordless hydraulic crimping tool with new 18V Li-Ion battery has the following crimp ranges:
- Copper Lugs & Splices – up to 300MCM cable conductors
- Aluminium Lugs & Splices – up to 4/0 AWG cable conductors
- Aluminium H Taps – up to 4/0 – 4/0 AWG cable conductors
The jaws of the crimping tool rotate 180° and feature a quick jaw change device.
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.