Cembre HT120 Crimping Tool (up to 400sqmm cables)
LV-HV Cable Crimping Tools
Cembre HT120 crimping tool is lightweight and ideal for use on overhead lines and other LV-HV cable jointing, splicing and terminating applications. HT120 hydraulic crimping tool is ideal for installing crimp connectors to overhead line applications and accepts most semi-circular slotted dies common to 130kN tools. The hydraulic crimping tool features spring loaded handles allowing the Cembre die sets to be advanced with one hand – the other hand free to position the electrical connector prior to crimping.
In addition, the crimp tool head is fully rotatable through 180 degrees for ease of use and comfort for the user enabling crimping in confined or restricted areas including LV-HV switchgear, substations and electrical panels. The built in safety valve also by-pass the oil supply when maximum pressure has been reached and a pressure release system can easily be operated at any stage of the compression.
Cembre HT120 crimping tool features a double speed action, a rapid approach speed for fast advance of the dies and a slower more powerful speed for crimping operation.
This Cembre hydraulic crimping tool manufactured by Cembre is supplied in a robust plastic case which is suitable for storage of the crimp tool and 14 sets of crimping dies.
Cembre HT120 crimping tool
- Rated Operating Pressure: 700 bar (10,000 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 488mm, Width 138mm
- Cable Crimper Weight: 5.7kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 32 or SHELL TELLUS TX 32 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre HT120 tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool and up to 14 sets of die sets.
- Dimensions 620mmx380mmx135mm
HT120 Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Width||Weight|
Cembre HT120 Hydraulic Crimping Tools
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices)
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the Cembre HT120 crimping tool
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch
- Remove the handle holder to release the moveable handle
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the Cembre HT120 crimp tool handle for die set advancement
- Ensure crimp dies are positioned exactly on the desired crimp point
- Continue crimping using the moveable handle (See picture)
- Crimp tool will change to high pressure stage, ram will advance until dies meet
- Continue pumping the crimp tool until maximum pressure valve is activated
- Listen for “click” from the crimping tool
- Press pressure release lever for retraction of ram and die re-opening
- The crimped connector will be released
- Press the pressure release lever to release the oil pressure in the crimp tool
Cembre HT120-KV version is a hydraulic crimping tool provided with additional external coatings to protect the user and crimp tool against accidental brush contact with energised conductors. Users should never rely solely on the insulating properties of Cembre HT120-KV when working around energised conductors.
Cembre HT120 Crimping Tool
|Cembre Crimping Tool Part Reference|
|Tool Type||Cembre HT120||Cembre HT120-KV|
|Rated Operating Pressure||700bar|
|Dimensions||488mm x 138mm||492mm x 138mm|
|Recommended Oil||AGIP ARNICA 32 SHELL TELLUS OIL TX 32 or equivalent||AGIP ITE360 or ESSO TRANSFORMER P60 or equivalent|
|Operating Speed||the tool has two forward speeds of the ram and automatically switches from a fast advancing speed of dies to a slower crimping speed|
|Safety||the tool is provided with a maximum pressure valve: MPC1 gauge is available to check the correct setting of the valve|
HT120 DIE REPLACEMENT
(Ref. to Fig. 2)
To replace dies operate as follows:
- Upper die (91)
Take the die off its guide by pushing the die/head release pin (27). Insert replacement die until secured by the die retaining pin (25).
- Lower die (90)
Take the die off its guide by pushing the die/ram release pin (31).
To facilitate this operation an advancement of 3+4 mm of the ram (22) is suggested. Insert the new die in its guide until secured by the die/ram retaining pin (33).
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
Cembre HT120 hydraulic crimping tool is generally used to terminate conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 400sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 400sqmm) – this includes both Cold Shrink and heat shrink type.
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices (11kV-33kV) – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Copper Connectors – up to 185sqmm cable conductors
- Insulated Terminals – up to 240sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
|HT120 features a double speed action: a fast advancing speed for rapid approach of the dies to the connector and a slower more powerful speed for crimping|
|Die release system from crimping tool head, protected from accidental operation|
|Pressure release trigger, which can be operated at any stage of the crimping process|
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.