Cembre HT131-UC Crimping Tool (up to 400sqmm cables)
LV-HV Cable Crimping Tools
The tool is also manufactured to accept the semicircular slotted dies, common to most 130 kN tools. The HT131-UC is supplied as the cable crimping tool, case for storage and accessories and shoulder strap – ideal for use on overhead lines and other LV-HV cable jointing, splicing and terminating applications.
The HT131-UC is a robust tool with a 180 degree rotatable head for improved, easier installation and operator comfort enabling crimping in confined or restricted areas including LV-HV switchgear, substations and electrical panels – two-speed hydraulic compression tool which accepts a wide variety of C-shaped die sets.
The double speed action enables a fast advancing speed for rapid approach of the dies to the connector and a slower more powerful speed for crimping.
The Cembre HT131-UC tool has a pressure releasing system that can be easily operated at any stage of the compression. The hydraulic crimp tool is supplied in a robust plastic case which is suitable for storage of the Crimp Tool and 14 sets of semi-circular slotted crimping dies.
Cembre HT131-UC crimping tool
- Crimping Force: 130kN
- Rated Operating Pressure: 700 bar (10,000 psi)
- Dimensions: Length 488mm, Width with handles closed 149mm, Width with handles open 349mm
- Cable Crimper Weight (without dies): 5.4kg
- Oil: AGIP ARNICA 32 or SHELL TELLUS TX 32 / equivalent (Approved by Cembre)
Cembre crimping tools should be cleaned daily (or after use) with a clean cloth removing any residue in particular particles close to pivots and moveable parts. Every six months it is essential check the oil level in the reservoir. If necessary fill oil level to the top lip and remove any excess air from the reservoir.
For storage and protection the Cembre HT131-UC tool is supplied in a robust carrying case for storage of the crimping tool and up to 20 sets of die sets.
- Dimensions 620x380x135mm/360x280x48mm
HT131-UC Crimping Tool Main Applications
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
|Cable Crimping Force||Length||Width||Weight|
CEMBRE HT131-UC HYDRAULIC CRIMPING TOOLS
- With the Cembre HT131-UC tool is in rest position operate as follows:
- Select the appropriate die set for the connector
- Insert the die set into the crimping tool head
- Insert the conductor in the connector
- Position the connector between the dies and ensure the correct location of the crimp
- Set the crimp tool on release position by rotating main handle; open the move- able handle
- Rotate main handle to operating position
- Operate moveable handle for lower die advancement; this first stage rapidly closes the dies to the connector
- Continue operating the moveable handle -the tool will automatically change over to the high pressure stage; the ram will advance until the dies meet
- It is recommended to continue pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- Rotate main handle to release position
- Completely close handles of the Cembre HT131-UC tool and the die will retract
- Completely retract the ram
- Close handles and rotate main handle to rest position ; the moveable handle will be locked
- Store the tool in the plastic case
The tool HT131-UC is supplied with the AU130-C adaptor, which will accept the semi-circular slotted dies (common to Cembre 130 kN tooling) suitable for:
- Indentation on copper conductors
- Circular Compression on copper conductors.
- Hexagonal compression on copper, aldrey or aluminium conductors.
With the upper adaptor AU130-… and lower adaptor AC130-P, the tool HT131-U or HT131-UC can accept:
- Pre-rounding dies UP 130-…
(used for converting aluminium sectoral conductor to a compact, round section).
- Containing dies (MV, MVC, MVM, MUA series) and the relevant Indentors PS130-…/E (to crimp connectors on aluminium cables using the deep indent crimping system).
CEMBRE HT131-UC CRIMPING TOOL
|Cembre HT131-UC Crimping Tool Specification|
|Width (with handles closed)||149mm|
|Width (with handles open)||349mm|
|Weight (without dies)||5.4kg|
|Type Of Action||Crimp|
Die Set Options
A complete range of die sets are available for installing and crimping all types of Cembre lugs and connectors when using the Cembre HT131-UC hydraulic crimping tool.
|Cable Conductor Size||A Range Lugs LV 600/1000V||2A Range Lugs MV HV 11kV 33kV||Flexible Copper Lugs||ANE Nylon Insulated Lugs||CA Copper Lugs||AA Aluminium Cable Lugs||CAA Bi-Metallic Cable Lugs|
LV- HV Cable Crimping Applications
Cembre HT131-UC hydraulic crimping tool is generally used to terminate conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 400sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 120sqmm) – this includes both Cold Shrink and heat shrink types.
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- Insulated Terminals – up to 240sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 120sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Connectors – up to 185sqmm cable conductors
- Alu Lugs & Splices – up to 300sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.
➡ See Cable Jointing Tools for a complete range of LV-HV-HV Tools to enable outer sheath removal, insulation removal and screen stripping from power cables operating typically at 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and up to 400kV.