Telecoms Cable Lubricant – Techlube M Water Based Lubricants For Underground Telecoms Cables
Socomore Techlube M cable lubricant is an underground cable installation lubricant with microspheres specially designed for telecommunication cable pulling operations.
Techlube M provides superior friction reduction between cable and conduit, requiring lower quantities per pull and is a water-based, non-flammable and non-toxic cable lubricant.
Its string & cling consistency evenly coats the cable and adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather with a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts.
Telecoms Cable Lubricant
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant
- Strong adhesion to cable/duct wall
- Superior friction reduction between cable and conduit
- Microspheres ensure adequate friction reduction even if lubricant has dried off cable jacket
- Requires lower quantities per pull
- Reduces risk of cable damage during the cable pull
- Regular pulling tension
- Not readily washed off cable jacket, ideal for pulling in wet ducts
- Dries slowly, leaving a thin film which retains lubricating potential for months
- Temperature stability
- Compatibility tested with materials used in cable jackets, cable joints and accessories
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets
- Nexans approval – recommended after compatibility testing with cable jacket material
- Bellcore approval – requirements for cable placing lubricants / technical audit report AU-NWT-0000077
- Specific gravity – 1.0
- pH Neutral
- Viscosity – ISO 2555 (at 25ºC) 1800-2800 cPs
Telecoms Cable Lubricant – Applications
Techlube M is a pourable, high performance cable lubricant with microspheres ideal for the installation of fibre, light weight copper and CATV cables.
- Underground lightweight copper and fibre optic cable placements
- Telecommunication and CATV cable installations
- Sub-duct installations
- Duct pre-lubrication
How to use Telecoms Cable Lubricant
Techlube M is a pourable lubricant with a high cling factor ensuring easy application and excellent cable adhesion.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made. Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable for installing light weight cables.
However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following:
Q = 0.0004 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following:
Q = 0.0006 x L x D
Where Q = Amount of Techlube M needed in litres
Where L = The total length of the pull in metres
Where D = The inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres.
➡ Power Fibre Telecom | 11kV 33kV | MV HV Medium High Voltage | 66kV 132kV EHV Cable Lubricants