HV Cable Pulling Lubricant – Techlube HD For 11kV 33kV & EHV Cable Lubrication (66-132kV)
Socomore Techlube HD is a heavy duty water-based cable pulling lubricant for underground cable installations and is designed for heavy cables and difficult cable pulls.
Techlube HD lubricant provides superior friction reduction between cable and all forms of conduit, including multiple concrete duct and adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts.
Techlube HD is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable cable lubricant suitable for use with electrical and power cables.
HV Cable Pulling Lubricant
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance polymer cable lubricant
- Strong adhesion to cable/duct provides superior friction reduction
- Reduced risk of cable damage during the cable pull
- Regular pulling tension during cable installation
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slip
- Retains duct lubrication, allowing additional cable installs/removals in same duct
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket even when ducts are flooded
- Temperature stability
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets
- No threat to the environment
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
- Nexans approval – recommended after compatibility testing with cable jacket material
- Bellcore approval – requirements for cable placing lubricants / technical audit report AU-NWT-000077
- Réseau de Transport D’Electricité approval
- Deutsche Telekom approval – ZTV TKNetz 40
- Specific gravity – 1.0
- pH Neutral
- Viscosity – ISO 2555 (at 25ºC_ 5400-7400 cPs
HV Cable Pulling Lubricant – Applications
Techlube HD is a slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant specially formulated to provide the greatest friction reduction possible in high shear, difficult cable placing operations.
- Underground power and telecom cable placement
- High shear, difficult cable pulling installations
- Sub-duct installations
- Duct pre-lubrication
How to use HV Cable Pulling Lubricant
The consistency of Techlube HD makes application to the cable by hand, with Prelube Bags, applicator device or lubricator spreader easy and simple. Where large quantities of lubricant are needed, Techlube HD is pumpable.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made. Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable.
However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following:
Q = 0.0064 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following:
Q = 0.0098 x L x D
Where Q = Amount of Techlube HD needed in litres
Where L = The total length of the pull in metres
Where D = The inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres.
➡ Power Fibre Telecom | 11kV 33kV | MV HV Medium High Voltage | 66kV 132kV EHV Cable Lubricants